Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

WOW.
Posted By: 58 <gundamx@adelphia.net>Date: 9/3/05 4:04 p.m.

In Response To: Cortana and General Halo Speculation (Dark One)

That was great. VERY well written. Very nice. I like it.

I don't think Cortana is against Humanity. I think the Flood or some other entity has impaired her progress towards destroying High Charity. Cortana has Humanity's best interests at heart. I also think that, if her progress was not hampered in destroying the High Charity, that she may be thinking that to save Humanity means not saving Earth. If a small group of Humans were to get into the Dead Zone left by Alpha Halo's destruction, the species could be saved, while the Covenant would be almost completely eradicated. Perhaps she thinks that, even if Delta is fired, and all the crew of In Amber Clad is killed, she will still survive, and she'll be able to aide the surviving Humans. She could move herself to a Covenant ship and fly to the Dead Zone, or even stay where she is and figure out a way to last more than seven years. Heck, with a databank the size of a planet, she'd have plenty of room. Room to do more than think, eh? I'm no fan of the Rampancy theory, but High Charity IS a planet-sized network...and Cortana is the only A.I. that we know of within a large number of lightyears.

Message Index

Replies:

Cortana and General Halo SpeculationDark One 9/3/05 3:40 p.m.
     Re: Cortana and General Halo SpeculationEchoes 9/3/05 3:46 p.m.
           Re: Cortana and General Halo SpeculationVytamin M 9/3/05 11:33 p.m.
     WOW.58 9/3/05 4:04 p.m.
     Re: Cortana and General Halo Speculationspartan_survivor 9/3/05 11:18 p.m.
           Re: Cortana and General Halo SpeculationVytamin M 9/3/05 11:43 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana and General Halo Speculationspartan_survivor 9/3/05 11:51 p.m.
                       Re: Cortana and General Halo SpeculationJust One 9/4/05 3:05 a.m.
                             Re: Cortana and General Halo SpeculationStephen L. (SoundEffect) 9/4/05 7:46 a.m.
                                   Re: Cortana and General Halo SpeculationDark One 9/5/05 12:24 p.m.
     Ow, my head hurts...RC Master 9/4/05 1:56 p.m.
     Re: Cortana and General Halo SpeculationLagging N00b 9/4/05 3:33 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.