Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Easy, killer
Posted By: Toby Dillman <TobyDillman@gmail.com>Date: 8/27/05 8:58 p.m.

In Response To: I completely agree with WaLKa (Eisen Feuer)

I don't think it's very cool to come to a forum and call its users "n00bs." That's generally a bad start if you plan on staying here for any period of time. Everyone here is a fan of Halo; if we didn't like Halo, I daresay this place would be pretty barren. Everyone here knows about the game. A vast majority of us play it. Some are better than others. WaLKa just so happens to be very good at the game. But I don't think that necessarily means he knows more about it than, say, I do.

I play Halo, and I'd say I'm good at it (if you look at my matchmaking stats, you'll see that I'm a 1 in all categories. If that prompts you to call me a "n00b," then so be it. I only play customs, maybe the occasional team training here and there). I know a bit about the game. I also get a few sticks per game (three to four, maybe more), and I don't feel that they're entirely random at all. It takes skill to stick people, I don't care who you are. It takes skill to do a lot of things in Halo2, regardless of what a lot of people may say.

I don't really appreciate the tone you took with the people of this forum. I can't speak for them all, but I know I'd appreciate it if you'd be a little more considerate of Halo's (and Bungie's) most dedicated fanbase. Don't tell people they don't know about Halo, and certainly don't tell them not to talk. Because there are people here that do know about the game.

I respect WaLKa's opinion and his skill. I just disagree with what he said, so I'm voicing that in a way that's much more palatable than how you presented yourself here today. Like I said, if you'd like to be respected around here, you've gotta respect the other people too.

Message Index

Replies:

Epic montage previewWaLKa 8/26/05 12:01 p.m.
     Re: Epic montage previewjoeKing7 8/26/05 12:55 p.m.
           Stickies are not 90% luckJakeDaGreat 8/26/05 12:59 p.m.
           Re: Epic montage previewWiley 8/26/05 1:01 p.m.
                 And on luck....JakeDaGreat 8/26/05 1:06 p.m.
                       Re: And on luck....Wiley 8/26/05 1:06 p.m.
                             Re: And on luck....WaLKa 8/26/05 1:27 p.m.
                                   Re: And on luck....Trebor 8/26/05 3:44 p.m.
                                         Re: And on luck....WaLKa 8/26/05 4:16 p.m.
                             Re: And on luck....Trebor 8/26/05 3:07 p.m.
                                   Re: And on luck....halofreak927 8/27/05 9:40 a.m.
                                         Re: And on luck....WaLKa 8/27/05 10:16 a.m.
     I completely agree with WaLKaEisen Feuer 8/27/05 5:22 p.m.
           Easy, killerToby Dillman 8/27/05 8:58 p.m.
                 Re: Easy, killerEisen Feuer 8/27/05 10:01 p.m.
                       Re: Easy, killerEisen Feuer 8/27/05 10:19 p.m.
     Re: Epic montage previewrywateska 8/27/05 6:18 p.m.
     Re: Epic montage previewVapor 8/27/05 8:00 p.m.
     Re: Epic montage previewSWAT Halo69 8/27/05 9:44 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.