Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*
Posted By: retsamolah <samesdios@gmail.com>Date: 8/24/05 9:43 p.m.

In Response To: 'Just Shameless' *VID* (retsamolah)

Why thank you all for your kind words. I make montages because they are fun to make. Going through the footage and reliving all the moments that made you scream 'YEAH!!!' at the top of your lungs during the game, and sharing those great moments with others is a great experience. I've watched all the pro montages and all the halo2forum.com ones that are all set to the matrix soundtrack and each clip is like 6 frames long of a sticy on someone 800 feet away and when the grenade goes off the video color inverts and turns all supersaturated and i guess it looks cool, but does it really capture the fun of gameplay?

btw, Louis, it was so timed to the music! that song isn't quite as timing accessable as Sultans of Swing, but like where the lyrics go: '...my pulse begins to hammer and I hear a voice say...' then you hear Andrew go 'oh shit, rets is close I just heard myself!' [snipe in the head]... thats timing!

There was a clip that I wanted to put in of a game on Gemini where I told my teammate to go through one door to the outside and I would take the other and flank them, but Andrew heard me through the wall and hid and assasinated me as I came around the corner and it was absolutely hilarious because he was like 'I HEARD YOU!!!' and I was all like... 'AHH!' and it was rather amusing, to say the least. I didn't think anybody would get it so I left it out... oh well.

Montages should be more fun to watch than an endless barrage of noscopes and such so fast that you can't really tell what's happening. Miguel got it right. I try to be as good at the game as I can, but if it's not fun, then it's not worth playing. These games with the Forerunners the past few nights have been incredibly fun, as well as a very high level of play. They're always very close, 50-49, very often, and always a blast. If you want to play, just send an FR to retsamolah and you can definitely get in on some games.

Oh, and Harddrive116, I was cleaning out my friends list a while back and realized I hadn't played a game with you in quite a while so you got the boot, I'm afraid. I'm currently sitting in an inn in west virginia, on a college visits trip until Sunday, but send me a friend request and I'll readd you.

Thanks again for the kind words... I try to make videos that capture the fun of the game rather than just leet skillz (with a z) and it's good to know that they are appreciated.

-rets

Message Index

Replies:

'Just Shameless' *VID*retsamolah 8/23/05 8:03 p.m.
     fu2mb *nm*KP 8/23/05 8:16 p.m.
     Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*Max Power (aka- dewbe) 8/23/05 9:00 p.m.
           Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*retsamolah 8/23/05 9:03 p.m.
     Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*Guardian [cheaptrickfan09] 8/23/05 11:04 p.m.
           so you can't tell who's leading *NM*BoneKin 8/24/05 12:44 a.m.
     rets sucks lolololmb *NM*Chaos Recon 8/23/05 11:46 p.m.
     Most enjoyable montage everNathaniel 8/24/05 9:51 a.m.
     Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*zink 8/24/05 11:07 a.m.
     Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*RC Master 8/24/05 11:37 a.m.
     Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*PPA 8/24/05 2:37 p.m.
           Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*Titanian96 (XBL: Hardrive 116) 8/24/05 2:40 p.m.
                 Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*Pkmnrulz240 8/24/05 4:46 p.m.
                       Honestly, rets is goodBoneKin 8/24/05 4:59 p.m.
                             Re: Honestly, rets is good[AMS] GreyThor 8/24/05 5:35 p.m.
                             Re: Honestly, rets is goodWiggum 8/24/05 5:56 p.m.
                       backhanded complimentsMiguel Chavez 8/24/05 6:36 p.m.
                             Re: backhanded complimentsPPA 8/24/05 10:24 p.m.
                                   Re: backhanded complimentsLouis Wu 8/25/05 7:52 a.m.
                                         Re: backhanded complimentsPPA 8/25/05 8:14 a.m.
     I think I just set a world recordBoneKin 8/24/05 4:52 p.m.
     Just Amazing.[AMS] GreyThor 8/24/05 5:32 p.m.
     Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*retsamolah 8/24/05 9:43 p.m.
           Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*Smandon 8/24/05 10:57 p.m.
           Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*Wiley 8/24/05 11:52 p.m.
                 Re: 'Just Shameless' *VID*pezza 8/25/05 2:01 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.