Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Some (hopefully constructive) criticism
Posted By: Interactive Civilian <mamoru@gmail.com>Date: 6/19/05 8:43 a.m.

In Response To: The Codex Episode 14 (drelnathi)

: If you're following the series, head on over and grab episode 14. If
: you're not, head on over and grab all of them. ;)

I just downloaded and watched all of this series for the first time. I must say that it is pretty good, especially with regards to scene set-ups, camera angles, and overall shot composition. The battle scenes, for example when blue team is being ambushed and also when Red-1 is opening up a can of Chef-Boy-R-Beatdown, are INCREDIBLE!

The story is also quite interesting and the music choice is very good and does and excellent job of matching the scenes.

The only weak points I see in this series are voice acting quality and the dialogue itself. Don't get me wrong. They are not terrible, but they could be better, and they do seem to improve as the series continues, especially the acting quality. However, sometimes the delivery of lines seems quite forced, and conversations don't seem to "flow" naturally (some examples of this are when Red-1 and Blue-1 are talking when the blue team arrives at Delta Base, and also several of the scenes between the cleric and the Praetor(sp?)). The dialogue itself is sometimes pretty weak and cliche (and at other times fits the "personalities" of the characters very well), and sometimes the terminology doesn't quite fit well. The script-writing could be much better IMHO.

Anyway, this is a fantastic series and I am now hooked. I will be eagerly awaiting the next episodes and am looking forward to seeing the series continue to improve over time. Keep up the excellent work.

Message Index

Replies:

The Codex Episode 14drelnathi 6/17/05 8:40 p.m.
     Re: The Codex Episode 14Some Fan of Codex series 6/18/05 10:35 a.m.
           Re: The Codex Episode 14Echoes 6/18/05 10:43 a.m.
           Re: The Codex Episode 14Covenant Goldfish 6/18/05 10:45 a.m.
                 Re: The Codex Episode 14Nom 6/18/05 11:45 a.m.
     Some (hopefully constructive) criticismInteractive Civilian 6/19/05 8:43 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.