Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I was wondering too....
Posted By: Aragorn <Raknarock@hotmail.com>Date: 10/15/00 5:35 p.m.

In Response To: I was wondering... (Matt, this is for you.) (Cpt. Sqweky)

I totally agree with you. And if you ask me (you didn't, but I'm replying anyway) half of those so called "Game Gods" shouldn't even be in the magazine.

Alex Garden: Alright so he's the Founder/CEO of Relic Entertainment (Homeworld) but what else has he done to get the title "Gaming God"? Don't get me wrong, Homeworld kicked ass. But in a couple years and a couple add-ons, it'll be nothing....

American McGee: Who is this guy?! He has no past background (except for "ex-id guy"). He's making a game for the Quake III engine (that means it HAS to be awesome! (sarcasm)) called "Alice" based on "Alice in Wonderland"....that....sounds awesome...he deserves the title "Gaming God"....

Stevie Case: She (yes she) is a level designer at Ion Storm. She worked on Daikatana....which sucked....actually it didn't suck all the bad, except for the outdated engine, and horrid AI. But the idea was good. (20 years ago) I think the only reason they put her in this magazine is because she's a girl (named Stevie) and has nice tits. Which doesn't give her the title "Gaming God"

They did have a couple guys that I agree to be "Gaming Gods"
Like Cliff Bleszinki, he was the lead designer on Unreal and UT. Which are two super games. Unreal had a great engine (in it's time) and an awesome story line. (which was what most FPSers are missing) And then there's UT. It's better then Q3A....(IMHO) Quake 3 might have a nice engine....indeed, it's probably the best, but it didn't have variety, like UT did. (UT forever!)

Now I'm not saying Cliff is THE Gaming God....just one of them. I seriously think they should have added Jason Jones, or someone from Bungie....

...but...(if I may assume) I bet they called a bunch of guys up, and these were the only ones who could make it to the interview....

...so....whatever

Aragorn

Message Index

Replies:

I was wondering... (Matt, this is for you.)Cpt. Sqweky 10/15/00 1:16 a.m.
     I was wondering too....Aragorn 10/15/00 5:35 p.m.
           Re: I was wondering too....Ape Man 10/15/00 6:47 p.m.
                 Re: I was wondering too....Dan Rudolph 10/15/00 7:58 p.m.
                       Re: I was wondering too....Kharn353 10/15/00 9:48 p.m.
                             Re: I was wondering too....TiTaN 10/17/00 2:41 a.m.
                                   :) hehehKharn353 10/17/00 4:39 p.m.
                       Re: I was wondering too....Narcogen 10/15/00 10:42 p.m.
                       Re: I was wondering too....Lophan 10/19/00 12:50 p.m.
     Re: I was wondering... (Matt, this is for you.)Forensic 10/15/00 9:55 p.m.
           Re: Case w/ implants?...Lophan 10/19/00 12:46 p.m.
     Re: I was wondering... (Matt, this is for you.)$erial-ki!!A 10/16/00 10:45 a.m.
     Matt said on Oni Central...SiliconDream =PN= 10/16/00 4:35 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.