Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Mac Release - yes PC Release - ?
Posted By: rosignol <rosignol@nwlink.com>Date: 7/19/00 12:08 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Mac Release - yes PC Release - ? (Matt)

> Releasing it for PCs as well is the obvious thing to do. It
> wasn't PCWorld Expo, ya know. :-)
> Everyone comes to the Halo party.
> -Matt

Hey, he's back!

Good to hear from you again, thanks for the commitment to Halo/Mac. I may have to start saying nice things about Microsoft, depending on the follow-through.

One think I'm curious about, tho... Bungie was saying 'the decision hasn't been made' for a couple weeks, now Alex is saying something to the effect of '(bungie's) commitment to develop for the mac has never wavered, but (bungie) couldn't announce that before today'.

Sorry, guys, that doesn't add up. Why wouldn't Bungie be able to announce it before the keynote? If Bungie never wavered, why did it change from "coming for mac & PC" to "the decision hasn't been made"?

Whatever possible benefit MicroBungieSoft gained from royally pissing off the fan, online, and mod communities can not possibly make up for the damage inflicted. Sure, it'll heal, but there's going to be scars.

I know, I know, you're just the PR guy who's doing us a favor by stopping by and talking to us, but ye olde bullshite metere is beeping at me, and I'm inclined to think that the response from the fan community to the possibility of only being able to play Halo on the Xbox might have something to do with the announcement today.

I know, you're not going to reply to this. You're not the guy who made these decisions, you don't have the inside scoop, and the truth probably wouldn't make anyone happy anyways, so just ignore this and let the days when it looked like Halo would be X-Box only become a bad memory.

But Bungie better remember this. Remember how easy it is to lose a dedicated, vibrant community of fans, because you came -this- close to doing it.

Message Index

Replies:

Mac Release - yes PC Release - ?lifestop 7/19/00 9:34 a.m.
     Re: Mac Release - yes PC Release - ?Matt 7/19/00 9:43 a.m.
           Re: Mac Release - yes PC Release - ?lifestop 7/19/00 9:52 a.m.
                 Re: Mac Release - yes PC Release - ?Gunga Din 7/19/00 9:57 a.m.
                       Re: Mac Release - yes PC Release - ?Pachieh 7/20/00 7:56 a.m.
           Re: Mac Release - yes PC Release - ?rosignol 7/19/00 12:08 p.m.
                 Wow, good post (nt)aelwen 7/19/00 12:31 p.m.
                 Re: Mac Release - yes PC Release - ?Matt 7/19/00 1:41 p.m.
                       Re: Mac Release - yes PC Release - ?rosignol 7/19/00 3:34 p.m.
           Re: Mac Release - yes PC Release - ?Jon 7/21/00 11:10 p.m.
                 Hehe... He's excited, no? ;-) (n/t)Savage 7/22/00 10:28 a.m.
     Re: Mac Release - yes PC Release - ?PainElemental 7/19/00 11:47 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.