Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Cowardly Grunt
Posted By: Cavmn <keith.richter@navy.mil>Date: 11/23/04 10:45 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Is this him? (Kanen Faud'r)

: It doesn't need to be on Legendary, I heard it on Normal.
: I'm pretty sure I didn't leave the room, Frogblast, and he wouldn't repeat
: the comment after the first time, so he probably got triggered before you
: walked up to him.
: - eli

I found him yesterday on Heroic. I had saved my checkpoint shortly before discovering him. You move through with the two elite allies, and when you enter the room there are three ally grunts grouped in the back of the room.
I don't recall seeing the cowardly grunt on Easy or Normal, but I was blazing through as fast as I could at those settings and could have easily missed the cowardly grunt.

Once you have cleared the rooms of bad guys, the one grunt will normally be left. I tried multiple times to save any of the other grunts with no success (the fire-fight was rather extreme).

I don't recall the verbiage exactly, but the grunt when approached says something along the lines of:
"Don't hurt me. Me good guy, no stinky stinky bad guy. Me stay here and keep you safe. Protect Artiber from Brutes attacking from behind."

The grunt is visibly quivering (in fear), and can not be persuaded to move on his own. If you smack him, he dies instantly (unlike some grunts that require 3 whacks to kill).

Interestingly enough though, you can move the cowardly grunt against his will by pushing against him (as you would a small box). He slides along the floor slowly, but is pretty directable. I pushed him through to the next room trying to get him involved in the next fight, but he wouldn't engage. When I pushed him off the ledge (to the next room below - the Elites jump down on their own), he splatted on impact.

Definitely worth a few minutes to have some fun with.

Take care,
Cavmn

Message Index

Replies:

grunt chat on Uprising *sp*MrTree 11/20/04 10:03 p.m.
     Re: grunt chat on Uprising *sp*MacArthur 11/20/04 10:08 p.m.
           Re: grunt chat on Uprising *sp*Guardian 11/20/04 10:11 p.m.
                 Re: grunt chat on Uprising *sp*Lance Corporal 11/20/04 10:14 p.m.
                       WRONG locationMrTree 11/20/04 10:26 p.m.
     Is this him?FrogBlast 11/20/04 10:57 p.m.
           Re: Is this him?MrTree 11/20/04 11:49 p.m.
                 Re: Is this him?FrogBlast 11/20/04 11:52 p.m.
                       Re: Is this him?MrTree 11/21/04 12:26 a.m.
                             Re: Is this him?706 11/21/04 6:09 a.m.
                                   Re: Is this him?Kanen Faud'r 11/21/04 11:54 a.m.
                                         Cowardly GruntCavmn 11/23/04 10:45 a.m.
                                               Re: Cowardly GruntReclaimer122 12/30/04 1:08 p.m.
                                               Re: Cowardly Grunteiii 12/30/04 3:14 p.m.
                                         Re: Is this him?bry 12/30/04 8:19 a.m.
     Re: grunt chat on Uprising *sp*freakctc79 12/25/04 5:21 a.m.
     Re: grunt chat on Uprising *sp*Twelve Large 12/30/04 3:30 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.