Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: My Skull Was the Sign of an Ass-kicking... *ST
Posted By: Michael M. <Dexterdot@hotmail.com>Date: 9/23/04 9:33 p.m.

In Response To: Re: My Skull Was the Sign of an Ass-kicking... *ST (Jamirus99)

: Man...you just wasted 10 minutes of my life. If you're going to write a Halo
: story: 1) Don't rip Skav off.
: 2) Don't be full of yourself unless it's to be intentionally shot down.
: 3) Humor is a requirement, not a subplot...othwerwise, submit it to
: FanFiction.

: Please. I'm begging you.

1) I intended it to be more like homage to Skav than ripping him off. Sure, writing a story on the forums may not be original, but the purpose of this was to get some literature back into the forum. It kind of vanished a while ago. Notice how I put "Yellow Banshee inspired" as in, "Red Loser's site full of great articles inspired".

2) ... Dude. I really don't rock that much. If you can't accept this story is a work of fiction, don't read it. The real reason I made myself to look like some great Halo player was because A) If I sucked, the Pfhorever would rip out my spine with a wave of his arm and B) I want to sarcastically mock everyone who pumps themselves up about being great at a game only to lose every game they play.

3) Constructive (I dearly hope so) criticism taken. As for why I didn't submit it to fan fiction was so everyone on the forums could read it and let me how I am at writing and how I can get better.

So, thanks for the advice, but I just hope you can be a bit more polite next time.

~_^

Message Index

Replies:

My Skull Was the Sign of an Ass-kicking... *STORY*Michael M. 9/23/04 7:57 p.m.
     Re: My Skull Was the Sign of an Ass-kicking... *STHikaru-119 9/23/04 8:08 p.m.
           Re: My Skull Was the Sign of an Ass-kicking... *STThe Mustard Chief 9/23/04 8:25 p.m.
     O_OGothmog117 9/23/04 8:31 p.m.
           M, what's your HaloPC nick? Mine's Mustard_C_ *NM*The Mustard Chief 9/23/04 8:34 p.m.
                 Pretty simple, MC: "Michael M" *NM*Michael M. 9/23/04 8:49 p.m.
     Re: My Skull Was the Sign of an Ass-kicking... *STJamirus99 9/23/04 9:18 p.m.
           Re: My Skull Was the Sign of an Ass-kicking... *STMichael M. 9/23/04 9:33 p.m.
     Re: My Skull Was the Sign of an Ass-kicking... *STDiscipleN2k 9/24/04 3:52 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.