Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo 2 hands-on from contest winners
Posted By: JNewt <mrjnewt@hotmail.com>Date: 7/28/04 3:46 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo 2 hands-on from contest winners (-BERZERKER-)

: I agree that it doesn't have any Rainbow Six or Counter Strike form of
: tactics, but it most certainly has tactics. Each time I have played CTF or
: any other multi-player game for the last 3 years, I know my team had some
: sort of plan. I fail to see your point on how the new features will ADD
: tactics to Halo, when most of the new features are more balanced and
: fleshed out versions of things already possible in Halo.

Example: Not allowing the flag-carrier to drive; on many levels this will make force cooperation and teamwork that might not otherwise occur.

Example: Far more involved levels; more planning and coordination will have to go into an assault. No more wide-open, unobstructed frag-and-full auto stuff. The ability to flank and enemy defender and flush him out of his strong point will be critical. Don't even make me go into the possibilities that the destructable enviroment will bring.

As much as I love Halo multiplayer, sometimes I feel that the firefights are more about who has the bigger gun or better aim and less about innovative moves and tactics. Of course, I don't want Halo 2 to become some sort of "plan it or die" game, uncoordinated Rambos on Live should still have fun, but the team that plays well together should be able to win on a regular basis.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 2 hands-on from contest winnersJNewt 7/28/04 12:40 p.m.
     Wait, I thought we could be a spartanschizo 7/28/04 1:10 p.m.
           Re: Wait, I thought we could be a spartanJNewt 7/28/04 1:39 p.m.
                 Re: Wait, I thought we could be a spartanAdrenaline 7/28/04 2:07 p.m.
                       Spartans ARE MarinesMechroneal 7/28/04 2:34 p.m.
                             Spartans are sailors.Capo Rip 7/28/04 7:19 p.m.
           Re: Wait, I thought we could be a spartanRico 7/29/04 1:13 a.m.
     Re: Halo 2 hands-on from contest winnersnightmaresc 7/28/04 1:43 p.m.
     Re: Halo 2 hands-on from contest winnersxorezz 7/28/04 2:04 p.m.
           Re: Halo 2 hands-on from contest winners-BERZERKER- 7/28/04 2:08 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 2 hands-on from contest winnersschizo 7/28/04 2:29 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 2 hands-on from contest winnersHaloNater 7/28/04 2:37 p.m.
                             Re: Halo 2 hands-on from contest winners-BERZERKER- 7/28/04 3:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo 2 hands-on from contest winnersJNewt 7/28/04 3:46 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo 2 hands-on from contest winnersMothergoat 7/28/04 5:04 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo 2 hands-on from contest winnersLouis Wu 7/29/04 4:25 a.m.
                             disagree, run and gun is pure HaloMax Power (aka- dewbe) 7/28/04 6:42 p.m.
           Re: Halo 2 hands-on from contest winnersArteen 7/28/04 8:24 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.