glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Shotgun reloading-the best way to do it...
Posted By: ThorsHammer <Nate4D@comcast.net>Date: 2/12/04 2:33 a.m.

In Response To: Re: damn, now it's out... (KP)

: Are you guys talking about one round here? Or all 12? I think nof is saying
: that it's not worth doing with the shotgun because you reload it one shot
: at a time. If you guys are reloading the entire thing (you reload 12
: rounds after switching to the other weapon with zero), that's different.

: KP

I've found that the best thing to do with the shotgun for reloads is to... Hang on, this might take a bit of explaining...

Okay. Everybody knows that whenever you have a break from combat, you reload your shottie, right? Well, one fine evening last summer, when I was nuking Flood while I should have been outside, I discovered that this was wrong. Instead, you should reload after every shot, in the middle of combat.

Confused? Well, here's the deal: If you press 'X' and pull the trigger at just the right relative times, the MC'll stuff a new shell in the shotgun and have it pumped in the same time it normally takes to pump a new round into the chamber-sometimes faster.

I found the timing here excruciatingly difficult. I think that the actual timing is simultaneous, but due to the amount of time it takes to pull the trigger relative to pushing 'X', I've gotten the best results pulling the trigger a split-hair second before pressing 'X'.

What's so great about this? Well, it takes a lot of practice, but once you can do it consistently, you essentially have a shotgun with a 72-round clip, instead of a 12-round clip. This comes particularly in handy after you meet The Flood in single player, since the only way they're dangerous is when they catch you reloading. In multiplayer shotgun games, this gives you a huge edge, because you'll never be caught reloading, you'll have a bottomless clip, due to the dropped weapons of your enemies, and you'll still catch them reloading...

If you've depleted your actual clip by a couple rounds, due to missing a reload (I've been known to use the cheesy but descriptive term "hyperload" when taunting my friends with the infinite shotgun magazine...) try for a hyperload anyway; the Chief rams the shells home just as fast when he's loading multiple rounds, too. He just has to do more, so it takes longer.

Hope this helps.

-Nate

Woah! A buncha links with almost no content!

Message Index

Replies:

STK vs TDT Reload Trick?mikeman445 2/11/04 8:41 p.m.
     Re: Wait.ajenteks 2/11/04 8:45 p.m.
           Re: Wait.mikeman445 2/11/04 8:47 p.m.
                 Re: Wait.ajenteks 2/11/04 8:49 p.m.
                       Re: Wait.mikeman445 2/11/04 8:51 p.m.
                             Re: Wait.ajenteks 2/11/04 8:54 p.m.
                       damn, now it's out...nof 2/11/04 10:08 p.m.
                             Re: damn, now it's out...ajenteks 2/11/04 10:14 p.m.
                                   Re: damn, now it's out...Annihilator87 2/11/04 11:28 p.m.
                                         Re: damn, now it's out...KP 2/11/04 11:52 p.m.
                                               Re: damn, now it's out...ajenteks 2/12/04 12:26 a.m.
                                               Re: Shotgun reloading-the best way to do it...ThorsHammer 2/12/04 2:33 a.m.
                             Re: your not... your still in that rock.Blackstar 2/11/04 11:39 p.m.
                             Re: damn, now it's out...rapture 2/11/04 11:47 p.m.
                                   Re: damn, now it's out...Narcogen 2/12/04 12:05 a.m.
                                         Re: damn, now it's out...ajenteks 2/12/04 12:24 a.m.
                                               Re: damn, now it's out...Hawk7886 2/12/04 2:46 a.m.
                                               Re: damn, now it's out...Narcogen 2/12/04 7:08 a.m.
                                                     Re: damn, now it's out...ajenteks 2/12/04 10:29 a.m.
                                                           Re: damn, now it's out...Narcogen 2/13/04 11:33 a.m.
                                         Re: damn, now it's out...rapture 2/12/04 9:28 a.m.
                                         Re: damn, now it's out...nof 2/12/04 10:39 a.m.
                                   Re: damn, now it's out...nof 2/12/04 10:22 a.m.
                                         Re: damn, now it's out...mikeman445 2/12/04 12:20 p.m.
                                               Other bugsGinn 2/12/04 9:08 p.m.
     Re: STK vs TDT Reload Trick?MasterAcer 2/14/04 3:14 p.m.
           Re: STK vs TDT Reload Trick?Louis Wu 2/15/04 12:48 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.