glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I LOVE Deus Ex: Invisible War's compass.
Posted By: mikeman445 <mmcardle@drew.edu>Date: 1/12/04 6:31 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I LOVE Deus Ex: Invisible War's compass. (Satesh)

: Yeah the game looks great on paper, sequel to one of the best RPG/FPS's on
: the planet with good gfx and all that... pity it dont run on any god damn
: GeForce MX cards

My computer doesn't have a dream in Hades of running it. That's why I got it for Xbox.

Basically, it's like this. If you liked the first game, you'll like Invisible War. If you loved the first game, you'll most likely love Invisible War too. If you suffer from any of the following illnesses, you'll be dissapointed with it:

You are a "hardcore" pc gamer/rpg-er, and think that anything that doesn't involve forty million stat numbers, modifiers and d12 rolls for every action is "dumbed down";

You loved the first game not because of its story, but because of its skill point allocation system;

And finally, you only play Halo because you get to blow stuff up and Master Chief is badass. Since a character who talks about philosophy, like Alex D, and doesn't blow everything he sees to smithereens, is not badass in your mind, you consider the game to be "pansy".

The first Deus Ex was one of the best games I've ever played. I owed it to myself not to listen to the reviews and just play the second and see it for myself. I trusted Warren Spector's vision enough to supply another amazing game, just like I trust Bungie to not screw up Halo 2. Halo satisfies the testosterone side of my brain, and Deus Ex satisfies the intellectual.

That's my couple of pennies.

--MikeMan

Message Index

Replies:

I LOVE Deus Ex: Invisible War's compass.Cullen 1/12/04 3:14 p.m.
     Re: I LOVE Deus Ex: Invisible War's compass.Nagamar 1/12/04 3:50 p.m.
           Re: I LOVE Deus Ex: Invisible War's compass.Zeus 1/12/04 4:23 p.m.
                 Re: I LOVE Deus Ex: Invisible War's compass.Snowy_Duck 1/12/04 5:21 p.m.
                 U SHOULD BE SHOT IN THE FOOT *NM*ONI_operative_343 1/14/04 3:05 p.m.
     Re: I LOVE Deus Ex: Invisible War's compass.mikeman445 1/12/04 5:06 p.m.
           Re: I LOVE Deus Ex: Invisible War's compass.Cunbelin The Prophetic Madman 1/12/04 5:18 p.m.
                 Anyway....Cullen 1/13/04 3:09 p.m.
           Re: I LOVE Deus Ex: Invisible War's compass.Satesh 1/12/04 5:26 p.m.
                 Re: I LOVE Deus Ex: Invisible War's compass.mikeman445 1/12/04 6:31 p.m.
                       Re: I LOVE Deus Ex: Invisible War's compass.synide 1/12/04 8:02 p.m.
                             Re: I LOVE Deus Ex: Invisible War's compass.Darth Fungus 1/14/04 4:46 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.