glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

CtD's Immortal mode guide, Step-by-step.
Posted By: Chester the Destroyer <Lofo87@hotmail.com>Date: 1/8/04 4:16 p.m.

In Response To: new difficulty mode in Halo: Combat Evolved (Mr.wessa)

: hey dOOds, i heard there is a new difficulty mode avialable on halo: combat
: evolved. i heard u have to beat the game on legendary in less then 1hour
: and 40minutes, u get the new difficulty on unbeatable or something like
: that, i wonder if its true. i know they r only rumors, but u never know
: so... i'm just asking, if someone knows the answer to this please e-mail
: me, thx.Mr wessa

Hey d00d! You heard right, and wrong! There is a difficulty higher than legendary in H:CE, immortal mode!! But, you don't get it by beating the game in 100 minutes, only this guide will show you the true way. Introducing:

CtD's immortal mode guide, Step-by-step.

Legendary a bit to...not-legendary anymore? Never fear, the ubertrixter CtD is here! I'll get those elite's evil again! You'll be having nightmares from the grunts and their diabolical laughter! You'll soil yourself every time the word "hunter" is mentioned! Like the sound of that? Well, too bad! Follow my instructions and fight the best of the best, become immortal by destroying the immortals!

I: Level 2: Halo

1. Start off on level 2: Halo. After you get your equipment, jump off the ledge and get on the bottom bridge.

2. Walk to the far edge of the bridge, and wait for the covenant to come and harass you. A few grunts should try and jump down there, most of them will miss the lower bridge completely.

3. After you’ve taken out the grunts, the remaining elites should alert the banshees to your location. They will fly under the top bridge, and fire their fuel rod cannon. Jump right before the fuel rods hit, and you should be blasted right infront of a banshee.

4. Quickly, fire a plasma grenade at the banshee. It should stick, and the banshee will circle around for another shot at you.

5. About the time it gets near to you the grenade will detonate, and the deceased elite pilot will fly right to you. Now, If you look closely you’ll notice that he’s a yellow elite. While he’s soaring toward you, an option should pop up “Press ‘X’ to switch armor.”

6. Do it. OR DIE!!! You know if you tell someone of the opposite sex that, you could get arrested? Learn something new every day....
7. Now you have yellow elite armor, you also have their gravity defying jump and sword. Jump up to the ground, and go over to the water fall. Jump up to the top of the falls.

8. Look to your right. You’ll see that a covenant cruiser has just touched down close by. Jump over to the cruiser.

II: The Mohhaganna Diarrhea Avenger.

1. That’s the name of the ship. Anyway, once on the MDA, kill as many crew as you can find, including engineers.

2. Now find your way to the bridge. Once you’ve got there, you’ll notice that all the bridge is, is a bunch of pac-man arcade’s bunched together. (approx 150)

3. Beat every single one of them. OR DIE!!! Also, if you say that referring to your children, you can get arrested? Us abusers can’t catch any breaks....
4. A waffle iron shaped thingie object should pop up in the middle of the bridge. Step inside of it.

5. It will close, “Waffleizing” your new armor. That is, when you’re being fired at, once the plasma damage becomes to great for regular MC, with your armor it just spills to the next chamber. Like syrup! Syrup’s yummy...

6. Now leave the Diarrhea, and play through the game up to AotCR. All the levels in between should be pretty easy, considering you have the power of waffle.

III: AotCR.

1. By now, the covenant have caught on to what you’ve done to their armor, and they’ve made the same changes. Now, all the covie’s in AotCR will have waffleized armor, and therefore they can’t die. They will chase you all over the level, creating a lag so bad that your great grand children will have down syndrome. You’ll never complete the level, nor turn off the Xbox or PC. Welcome to hell, I’m your host, CtD.

Or....You could try my alternative method for making H:CE super difficult:

Wait for it...

Cut off your thumbs. Then play legendary. Oh, I’ll laugh.....

Hope this helps! And CtD does not take any responsiblity for bleeding thumbs or super-lag. That's your own d*** fault, sucker.

-CtD

Message Index

Replies:

new difficulty mode in Halo: Combat EvolvedMr.wessa 1/8/04 8:15 a.m.
     No.KP 1/8/04 8:21 a.m.
           Re: No.Mr.wessa 1/8/04 8:26 a.m.
                 Re: No.01ah 1/8/04 9:34 a.m.
                       Re: No.RoNe 1/8/04 11:53 a.m.
                             Re: No.mr.wessa 1/9/04 8:03 a.m.
     Why?gspawn 1/8/04 10:06 a.m.
     Re: new difficulty mode in Halo: Combat EvolvedMantis22 1/8/04 3:21 p.m.
     CtD's Immortal mode guide, Step-by-step.Chester the Destroyer 1/8/04 4:16 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.