Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Gamesradar / Slashdot
Posted By: Target4Hire <bollenator@yahoo.com>Date: 10/31/03 2:19 p.m.

In Response To: Gamesradar / Slashdot (rapture)

: That story just got Slashdotted @ games.slashdot.org . Most of the comments
: are bashing Halo, especially The Library.

I disagree with the latter comment, Rapture... sorry. This article IS an awesome read; everyone needs to check it out now. It's very well-written and says some reasons why Halo should have been boring, but why it's in fact brilliant. I didn't get the feeling that it was negative to Halo; heck, most of the article is quotes from Bungie people talking about how Halo had some rather interesting roadblocks that they overcame. Here's an interesting tidbit I wanted to share, though:

"Which puts Bungie in a sticky situation for Halo 2. Does it implement its intended artificial-intelligence routines, or does it keep the Flood deliberately handicapped because that's what players have now become used to? All Griesemer will say is: 'the AI in Halo 2 is going to be much improved.'"

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but this sure makes it seem that the Flood are making an appearance in Halo 2. Does anyone else get that feeling from this quote? Or is it just written funny? Anyway, great article, lots of fun tidbits for the Halo fan from past until present.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo port-mortem.Xzzy 10/31/03 11:30 a.m.
     Gamesradar / Slashdotrapture 10/31/03 1:34 p.m.
           Re: Gamesradar / SlashdotTarget4Hire 10/31/03 2:19 p.m.
           Re: Gamesradar / SlashdotAndrew Nagy 10/31/03 5:27 p.m.
     Re: Halo port-mortem.Space Cowboy 10/31/03 4:42 p.m.
           Re: Halo port-mortem.Space Cowboy 10/31/03 4:50 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.