/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: MARATHON RIDDLE
Posted By: Dan ArisDate: 2/20/02 2:54 p.m.

In Response To: MARATHON RIDDLE (Alfred Mordeir)

: Ok Boys and girls* here the latest Mara Riddle
: You know how it goes.

: Despair Rage Envy
: My mission fail
: History repeated three times
: Genius once alive, then deceased, now artificial
: Am I the only one who cares to know why?
: Who am I?

Not quite sure, but I'm guessing the answer is Tycho. Tycho Brahe was a genius (I believe; I don't really remember who exactly he was), but now he's dead, and in Marathon, he's an AI. After M1, he goes rampant (thus, despair rage envy), and he is the one whose mission fails in M2. History repeated 3 times...probably refers to MI, with the loops & branches & such. Not sure about the knowing why part...better men (or women) than me can figure it out.

BTW, seems interesting that this community has a dearth of females. We are, after all, associated with a former moon of the place that, in the words of the old adage, needs women...

Dan Aris

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

MARATHON RIDDLEAlfred Mordeir 2/20/02 2:36 p.m.
     Re: MARATHON RIDDLEDan Aris 2/20/02 2:54 p.m.
           Re: MARATHON RIDDLEarchon 2/20/02 4:13 p.m.
                 Re: MARATHON RIDDLEInverted Sock Puppet 2/20/02 10:31 p.m.
           Re: MARATHON RIDDLEVid Boi 2/21/02 1:51 a.m.
                 Where are the women? - An answerSteve Levinson 2/21/02 7:20 a.m.
                       "...in my pants!" ~www.bungie.org *NM*Andrew Nagy 2/21/02 9:37 a.m.
                             Re: "...in my pants!" ~www.bungie.orgNathan of B.org 2/21/02 7:56 p.m.
                                   Re: "...in my pants!" ~www.bungie.orgM-Class 2/21/02 10:29 p.m.
                                   Re: "...in my pants!" ~www.bungie.orgMark Levin 2/21/02 11:27 p.m.
                                         OMG L8R MB *NM*Andrew Nagy 2/22/02 8:03 a.m.
                                   This is how threads turn out when Hamish is away. *NM*Vid Boi 2/22/02 3:35 a.m.
                                         I'll TURN *you* out *NM*Andrew "Rampant Document" Nagy 10/9/03 3:50 p.m.
     Re: MARATHON RIDDLESteve Levinson 2/21/02 8:41 a.m.
           Re: MARATHON RIDDLEDan Aris 2/21/02 9:09 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.