/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Volunteers - Blaspheme Quarantine
Posted By: William SpencerDate: 8/5/01 10:51 a.m.

Everyone's favorite rampant AI is in fine form here, making his grand entrance by screwing up Leela's plans. Poor Leela.

Strangely upbeat music here, perhaps to go with Durandal's "playfulness".

This level, again, almost but not quite looks like a real place. Which, in a game like this, is as close to realistic as you're going to get. :) The multiple interconnecting rooms of the first region make this look like a high-use area. Good mix of bad-guys in the first area; the hulks on the ground, blue fighters up above, you dodging through the doors and around corners. Fun.

The second region is less realistic. I like the "airlock" that leads up to the teleporter, even though it is a bit strange - apparently in the 28th century, even stairways are computerized, and do not always function properly - but the riser room it teleports you to is just...weird.

I hate that slow-moving door. It sucks if you're a dunce and fall in the pit, because you have to keep dodging fighter-fire as you wait for it to open, but it also sucks if you kill everything in the area first, because then you have to sit and wait and wait and wait.

I like how Durandal encourages you to ask questions about life, the universe, and everything, and then answers them. "'cause you are, 'cause you do, 'cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one." Heh heh. So he does...we don't get the shotgun 'til M2. Too bad - I'd like to try taking on Hulks with a pair of WSTE-M5's.

"Who would hide massive quantities of ammunition in a storage room?" Well, some say the best way to hide something is in plain sight...

And, of course, the Durandal song. Hm, is there a MIDI anywhere around of the tune, for those of us who don't know about this band?

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Volunteers - Blaspheme QuarantineWilliam Spencer 8/5/01 10:51 a.m.
     Re: Volunteers - Blaspheme Quarantine7revor Smith 8/5/01 11:48 a.m.
           Re: Volunteers - Blaspheme QuarantineForGreatJustice 8/5/01 12:47 p.m.
                 Re: Volunteers - Blaspheme QuarantineREB 8/6/01 3:11 a.m.
                 Re: Volunteers - Blaspheme QuarantineAdmiral Tfear 8/8/01 6:12 p.m.
           Re: Volunteers - Blaspheme QuarantineWilliam Spencer 8/5/01 3:49 p.m.
     Re: Volunteers - Blaspheme QuarantineSidoh 8/6/01 1:32 p.m.
     Re: Volunteers - Blaspheme QuarantineJoe Auricchio 8/9/01 1:35 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.