/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & Grind (Spoiler)
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 10/6/02 7:03 p.m.

In Response To: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & Grind (Steve Levinson)

: I hate to admit it, but this just isn’t good level design
: (sorry Rubicon Team).

I've just replayed Bump and Grind, and it's much more playable for me the fourth (or is it fifth) time through. It's actually a very interesting level that suits the story line well. One of the biggest revelations is that the player can actually be penalized for using vidmaster techniques. The S'pht'Kr are there to help you at every step of the way, but they won't transport in unless you start the fighting. If you circle the enemy and dodge enemy fire until they kill each other, firing only to finish them off, the S'pht'Kr will never appear. I don't think I've every seen a level like that. The best strategy here is to fire a few shots and get out of the way, then return to clean things up. This leaves a lot more ammo for the Ascension Factor

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & GrindSteve Levinson 7/2/02 8:30 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & GrindInverted Sock Puppet 7/3/02 7:02 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & GrindSteve Levinson 7/3/02 8:23 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & GrindInverted Sock Puppet 7/4/02 12:33 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & GrindSteve Levinson 7/4/02 9:21 a.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & GrindInverted Sock Puppet 7/5/02 3:18 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & Grind (Spoiler)Steve Levinson 10/6/02 7:03 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.