/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & Grind
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/4/02 9:21 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & Grind (Inverted Sock Puppet)

: Yeah it is unnecessary but it's probably just there to make things
: interesting. Ah, Whatever You Please; that was a lot of jumping. I still
: don't see how this is difficult, you jump from a ledge, to a pillar, to
: another ledge.

As with all Infinity dream Levels, Whatever You Please has 2 parts - the standard part that involves some trivial jumping, hitting a few switches and ultimately reaching a terminal that wisks the player away to Naw Man He's Close. And then there's the second, secret part that involves returning to the beginning, hopping from moving pillar to moving pillar, facing grey enforcers and, ultimately, reaching an invisible secret terminal that takes the player to Carroll Street Station. If you didn't find the second part challenging, then I stand in awe of your jumping abilities.

: Do we have to argue in every post? :)

I didn’t think we were aruging - this is a friendly discussion 8^)

: I forgot about that. That actually makes a lot more sense, I can't
: image the Pfhor wanting a computer that increased exponentially,
: they probably just stopped his development somewhere.

Which brings up an interesting point - how in the world did the Pfhor, even with help from their S'pht compilers, manage to stop Tycho's development? Tycho was already rampant and, as per other terminal text, there's no putting the genie back in the bottle. Even if they were able to control his rampancy as Bernard Strauss did, would you want hundreds of ramapant AI's around? And this begs another question about the uniqueness of an AI - that's an important enough issue that I think I'll start a new thread as soon as I can get to it.

: Um, no. That's not what I meant; honest :)

Funny - I thought that we were all a bit fanatical to be spending so much time here ;-)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & GrindSteve Levinson 7/2/02 8:30 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & GrindInverted Sock Puppet 7/3/02 7:02 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & GrindSteve Levinson 7/3/02 8:23 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & GrindInverted Sock Puppet 7/4/02 12:33 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & GrindSteve Levinson 7/4/02 9:21 a.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & GrindInverted Sock Puppet 7/5/02 3:18 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Bump & Grind (Spoiler)Steve Levinson 10/6/02 7:03 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.