/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Just a Little Further
Posted By: ScifitekiDate: 8/2/02 6:39 p.m.

In Response To: Rubicon Volunteers - Just a Little Further (Steve Levinson)

Hmmm... Since noone else really dissected the meaning of this relative to the storyline, I will. It's no fun having ideas if you you only think everybody else knows them.

: Though in the trade of war I have slain men,

: Yet do I hold it very stuff o' the conscience

: To do no contriv'd murder: I lack iniquity

: Sometimes to do me service.

These lines are almost certainly a reflection of the marine's thoughts, or at least what you *should* be thinking, you naughty little BOB-killers, you. The player is a noble, upstanding sorta guy, going around making sure that the universe doesn't get wiped, and so forth. He does no "contriv'd murder", no unasked-for killing. Well, most of us, anyway.

: I do begin to have bloody thoughts.

Remember, this is not a line from the original speech. It's similar, but not the same. "I do begin to have bloody thoughts".... About who? Durandal, because he's being manipulative and sinister, playing both ends from the middle? Lysander, cause he's a crazy bastard? It's up to you to decide... : )
Why did I do that? Cause I felt like it. : p

Service With A Smile : ),
Scifiteki

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Just a Little FurtherSteve Levinson 8/1/02 10:36 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Just a Little FurtherScifiteki 8/2/02 12:28 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Just a Little FurtherScifiteki 8/2/02 12:36 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Just a Little FurtherSteve Levinson 8/2/02 7:35 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Just a Little FurtherC Lund 8/2/02 8:54 a.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Just a Little FurtherScott 8/7/02 3:49 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Just a Little FurtherScifiteki 8/2/02 6:39 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.