/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon Background
Posted By: ScifitekiDate: 3/14/03 4:12 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon Background (Steve Levinson)

Steve's got some good points there... Unfortunately, although we know a lot about the society in which they exist, and somewhat about how they think, (Although, if you use Ernie's interpretation, it would depend on what rank and type the Pfhor was...)

There's a little bit of speculation through the MaraFF page stories, mainly through DM-A, Yossarian (I think?) and my stories... Although, having said that, Yossarian's story is more of a very funny satire on the corporate world... (Legions of Pfhorsomethingorother, read it if you haven't, y'all)

In the end, it's really up to you how you interperet it. Do you go with Steve's suggestion, that they are bound by traditons and rules? Or a more biological explanation, that like ants, etc, they have no real will?

Using a Pfhor in the context that you wish would be tricky, to say the least. But, if you could make the ties relevant... I might just work. I look forward to seeing the final product.

(Yes, Ernie, I'm finished with Diemos, I just need to send it back. :D)

Service With A Smile: ),
Scifiteki

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundVaxuum BOB 3/14/03 4:46 a.m.
     Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundSteve Levinson 3/14/03 6:49 a.m.
           Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundElliott 3/14/03 8:25 a.m.
           Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundScifiteki 3/14/03 4:12 p.m.
     Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundHamburgerBoy 3/14/03 8:11 p.m.
           Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundScifiteki 3/15/03 1:53 a.m.
                 You're preachin' to the choir here Matt! *NM*Ernie 3/15/03 4:48 a.m.
                 Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundHamburgerBoy 3/15/03 8:08 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.