/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Sorta need help with some Marathon Background
Posted By: Vaxuum BOBDate: 3/14/03 4:46 a.m.

I'm making an attempt to write a marathon fan fiction. Right now it's only two pages long. I'm afraid it won't get any longer than four or five pages, but I might just be making followings to it.
I'd like to see you give me your advice on it, once its finished (say in a week or two?), as it might become a work I have to give in for my english exam in june.
Part of the fun should be finding out what its all about, all in good time, so if you want to wait for its completion before knowing anything about it, DON'T HIGHLIGHT THE TEXT BELOW. For all of you who just want to spoil their fun,

The story should take place in the days before the 2194 conflict the Independent Asteroid Government of Icarus and the Republic of
Thermopylae on the asteroid of Onicis 492. (would that be the battle took place on the asteroid or simply that the government of thermopylae was based there?) That conflict, mentioned in beware of low flying drones in the pfhor chapter, is the first to introduce "battleroids", which I understand are the very first human cyborgs. If you have any ideas, advice, or knowledge of any kind concerning this matter, I would gladly recieve it!
The hero is a navigation officer working on a shuttle cargo whose job is the transport of minerals from the asteroid bases stations to the home asteroid where the Icarus government is set. Of course there is an accident. That is about where I am in the writing. I plan to parallelly tell the tale of a pfhor, I don't know what it will be yet; at the same moments the events take place, and to connect both stories through "dream sequences".
Here I need a lot of help.

Any of you who know where I can find informations concerning the Pfhor society, or better, who can directly give me the aforementioned, please do so ;-)
I need to picture the life of the average pfhor...
Thanks for your help!

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundVaxuum BOB 3/14/03 4:46 a.m.
     Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundSteve Levinson 3/14/03 6:49 a.m.
           Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundElliott 3/14/03 8:25 a.m.
           Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundScifiteki 3/14/03 4:12 p.m.
     Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundHamburgerBoy 3/14/03 8:11 p.m.
           Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundScifiteki 3/15/03 1:53 a.m.
                 You're preachin' to the choir here Matt! *NM*Ernie 3/15/03 4:48 a.m.
                 Re: Sorta need help with some Marathon BackgroundHamburgerBoy 3/15/03 8:08 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.