/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Bill Gates Is satan
Posted By: Djof@SchoolDate: 12/12/01 8:06 a.m.

In Response To: Bill Gates Is satan (Bnevs)

: I hate Bill Gates, the only reason why the monopoly probe went down is
: because we need msft to do well to help the economy...Macs (hardware boys,
: any computer expert will agree with me on this) have been so much better
: for so long (msft is catching up) its not even funny, macs were using GUIs
: long before DOS (the worst program ever invented) got scrapped...its time
: my fellow bungies, to unite and drive out the 'evil doers' {thanks W.}

Althrough I'm a PC user, I do respect Apple very much. But you have to admit that in term of "monopoly", once you've bought a mac, there not that much alterternative as to whom to deal with... Apple, and only them. And in term of price, I can assure you PCs are better deal. I build computers as a part time job, and you can get a 1900+ Athlon XP box with a Geforce3 Ti200, 512Mb of DDR ram, DVD and all with Windows XP (really a great OS) for under about 1200$CAN... that's 800$US. 800$US for a computer that's powerfull and complete, just missing the screen of your choice. You won't find a better performance/price ration here for sure.

On the other side, dual-G4e system are also wonderfull computers. And they surely DO look nice. But as I said, watch that price tag! Without money restriction, I would own one of each. But that not my present situation. And a PC is so much more fun to play with in terms of hardware. Mine is an overclocked 1Ghz Athlon, running at 1425Mhz with a 150Mhz FSB and memory speed. I also added a 2xATA100 Raid0 for maximum hardisk performance. Some customise their car, me it's my computer. That's a little harder to do that on a mac, since you have no choice of motherboard.

Neither of PCs nor Macs are crap, nor one is better than the other. And I don't understand why people are still being so childish they venerate one platform and nearly associate the other as a plague. Just buy the one that most fit you.

And as saying "Bill Gates is that!" or "Steve Jobs is this!", just think about it for one second, and see how you would like, deeply inside of you, want to be one or the other, without distinction. Money and power is something that everyone wants, and that when we can't have it, try to ridiculise.

They aren't monsters, you know, they are still made in the same flesh as you. They just succeded and that make people jelous. Even Jason Jones just said Bill was a wanderfull person, just to give an example.

Ok, enough talking, I'll go back to my math study :(

Djof
"Je me souviens"

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

MICROSOFT IS DOING IT AGAIN!REB 12/11/01 3:30 p.m.
     Re: MICROSOFT IS DOING IT AGAIN!Tycho7en 12/11/01 4:24 p.m.
           Re: MICROSOFT IS DOING IT AGAIN!Tycho7en 12/11/01 4:34 p.m.
     Re: MICROSOFT IS DOING IT AGAIN!Yossarian 12/11/01 5:20 p.m.
     Re: MICROSOFT IS DOING IT AGAIN!Cpt. Sqweky 12/11/01 7:48 p.m.
     Re: MICROSOFT IS DOING IT AGAIN!Vid Boi 12/11/01 10:03 p.m.
           Re: MICROSOFT IS DOING IT AGAIN!Ahruman 12/12/01 5:43 a.m.
                 Re: MICROSOFT IS DOING IT AGAIN!Vid Boi 12/12/01 10:54 a.m.
           Re: MICROSOFT IS DOING IT AGAIN!Trahojen 12/12/01 8:14 a.m.
           Re: MICROSOFT IS DOING IT AGAIN!Cpt. Sqweky 12/12/01 12:01 p.m.
     Bill Gates Is satanBnevs 12/12/01 4:32 a.m.
           Re: Bill Gates Is satanDjof@School 12/12/01 8:06 a.m.
                 Re: Bill Gates Is satanVid Boi 12/12/01 11:07 a.m.
                       It's all about personnal choice.Djof@School 12/12/01 11:51 a.m.
                 COMPLETELY wrong on one pointbnevs 12/12/01 12:46 p.m.
                       I admit.Djof 12/12/01 6:07 p.m.
                             I forgive u ;) NTbnevs 12/13/01 4:23 a.m.
           Re: Bill Gates Is satanTrahojen 12/12/01 8:33 a.m.
           somehow I doubt that statement... *NM*Cpt. Sqweky 12/12/01 12:02 p.m.
     Re: MICROSOFT IS DOING IT AGAIN!whocares 12/13/01 6:51 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.