/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Grain of salt, people
Posted By: Alfred MordeirDate: 5/21/01 10:44 a.m.

In Response To: Me Me I would! (Yossarian)

Lets face it, the marathon was not desighned by actual people trying to conquer space, it was built by a struggleing computer game company trying to conquer the gameing industry with a game that was fun to play. I mean how hardis it to defend a space ship from alien attackers when it's
A)loaded with weapons and munitions
B)Fully equipped with shield rechargers, and pattern buffers
C) HUGE!!!

If you ask me the marathon was well equipped to handle an attack from the Pfhor, but that wouldn't make a very fun game now would it.
Returning to my origonal point, lava, 20ft switches, and railingless ledges don't make for a very safe (or realistic) inter steller space ship, but lets face facts Saftey+computor game=BORING. I'm sure the USEC didn't intend to build a ship that could only be navigated by shooting grenades all over the place, or kicking off your shues and froleck in a river of lava, But aren't you glad they did?
MARATHON 4EVER

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Who the hell would put lava on a spaceship?!Still Thinking 5/18/01 4:15 p.m.
     Re: Who the hell would put lava on a spaceship?!Siva 5/18/01 10:03 p.m.
     Me Me I would!Yossarian 5/19/01 6:39 a.m.
           Grain of salt, peopleAlfred Mordeir 5/21/01 10:44 a.m.
                 Re: Grain of salt, peopleAlexander Strange 5/21/01 11:58 a.m.
     Re: Who the hell would put lava on a spaceship?!Hamish Sinclair 5/19/01 8:16 a.m.
     There are good reasonsThe Tiny Toad 5/19/01 8:29 a.m.
     Re: Who the hell would put lava on a spaceship?!Tru7h Seeker 5/19/01 9:24 a.m.
           Re: Who the hell would put lava on a spaceship?!EUPFHORIC BOB ->Andre Kopp 5/19/01 10:04 a.m.
     Re: Who the hell would put lava on a spaceship?!Mark Levin 5/19/01 10:03 a.m.
     Re: Who the hell would put lava on a spaceship?!Thoth Wannabe 5/19/01 10:11 a.m.
           Re: Who the hell would put lava on a spaceship?!Andrew Nagy 5/19/01 2:32 p.m.
                 Re: Who the hell would put lava on a spaceship?!archon 5/20/01 9:51 a.m.
                       Ya, PID *NM*Still Thinking 5/21/01 7:03 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.