/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PID/Marathon Marine (I'm Sorry)
Posted By: William SpencerDate: 5/15/01 4:47 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PID/Marathon Marine (I'm Sorry) (Yossarian)

: None that I know of, but it would certainly be in fitting with the concept of
: the timeless, universal soldier.

LONG POST

That's what I figured. If the two characters ("Lt. Eddings", isn't it? Though that's not canon, so far as I know) are one and the same, then I figured it was either:

A) It's a soul connection. Poor wossisname from PID eventually died, of whatever cause, but his soul - the Universal Soldier (cue music) - keeps reincarnating elsewhere and elsewhen.

B) Not that I have any proof of this, but he could've been popped into cryogenic suspension after he died (or popped in and killed BY the freezing process, early 21st-century technology being what it is). Why? Maybe the Jjaro took an interest in him, wanted to keep him around, and politely asked their new friends the U.S. Government to make sure he didn't go anywhere. Why? He had good vibes. He's the end product of a perfect bloodline. Whatever. They wanted him around.

And then during [insert world-shaking disaster here - WWIII?] all the records are lost and the cryo facility is abandoned. Some corporation manufacturing the first battleroids comes across the facility and decides to use the corpses for spare parts (where else can you get free dead bodies?) and...

And probably, the Jjaro forsaw all of this. Or claimed to. ("Whatever you say, say nothing clearly.")

Like I said, I don't think there's any proof of this second hypothesis, but it's not impossible. I've seen more tenuous coincidences pulled off in the name of science fiction.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PID/Marathon Marine (I'm Sorry)Alfred Mordeir 5/15/01 10:36 a.m.
     Re: PID/Marathon Marine (I'm Sorry)Mark Levin 5/15/01 11:10 a.m.
           Re: PID/Marathon Marine (I'm Sorry)Hamish Sinclair 5/15/01 11:38 a.m.
                 Re: PID/Marathon Marine (I'm Sorry)[Tycho?] 5/15/01 11:42 a.m.
           Re: PID/Marathon Marine (I'm Sorry)Yossarian 5/15/01 11:58 a.m.
                 Re: PID/Marathon Marine (I'm Sorry)William Spencer 5/15/01 4:47 p.m.
                       PID = Marathon Marine = LevelerSmeeisqualityfootrot 5/15/01 6:20 p.m.
                             Re: PID = Marathon Marine = LevelerMacManiac 5/15/01 6:38 p.m.
                                   Re: PID = Marathon Marine = LevelerSmeeisqualityfootrot 5/15/01 10:33 p.m.
                             Your timeline is incorrectThe Tiny Toad 5/15/01 10:48 p.m.
                       A divine revelation, and damn long postYossarian 5/15/01 8:04 p.m.
                             Re: A divine revelation, and damn long postXtra 5/16/01 7:31 a.m.
                       Re: PID/Marathon Marine (I'm Sorry)rpb3000 5/16/01 10:01 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.