/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon references from the author of "Dune"
Posted By: Friend of a FriendDate: 7/21/01 10:36 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon references from the author of "Dune" (ForGreatJustice)

I don't think it's a question of rip off, I just think someone at Bungie or Double Aught might have read the book...

anyhoo it was officially published in 1966, although a slightly different version was published in '65 under the title "Do I sleep or wake?"

It was published by Berkley medallion books, looks very low budget, no chapters, lots of typos. It was probably something Herbert worked on in college and then published later after the success of the Dune books...

its good though.....

really

-Friend of a Friend

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon references from the author of "Dune"Friend of a Friend 7/20/01 10:05 a.m.
     Re: Marathon references from the author of "Dune"ForGreatJustice 7/20/01 6:20 p.m.
           Re: Marathon references from the author of "Dune"Inverted Sock Puppet 7/21/01 3:11 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon references from the author of "Dune"Friend of a Friend 7/21/01 10:39 a.m.
           Re: Marathon references from the author of "Dune"Friend of a Friend 7/21/01 10:36 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.