/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Rozinante VI
Posted By: SeanDate: 9/19/02 9:10 p.m.

In Response To: Rubicon Volunteers - Rozinante VI (Steve Levinson)

: Don’t you just hate that? Here you spent all that time accumulating
: weapons, finding secrets etc. and Durandal takes all of that away from you
: and forces you to start over with what he feels is appropriate. How
: rude! Anyway, Durandal tells us of his plans:

We always felt cheap about doing this to the player, but let me explain.

A couple problems became inherent in Rubicon as it was going through internal testing. Some of them were listsned to, some of them weren't. The one that was never listened to by Clund was the "ITS TOO HARD" because eventually Scott and I figured we were just sucky marathon players, and since no one else was playing through the levels, Clund just kept saying how it's the perfect difficulty level. We were very releaved when the external beta testers ALSO said it was too hard, making Scott and I jump for joy- we no longer sucked. When Clund took out over half of the monsters in every level (your TC was our normal), we soon found we could get WAYYY too much ammo at this point in the game, making the rest of it a breeze. Hence, the removal of your weapons.

One of the things that clund did listen to however, was the ability to carry a chip from earlier levels through this one- making every level from here on out that involved a chip super easy to beat. I believe we fixed this error later, but the removal of all weapons, ammo and items remians. Sorry guys,

--Sean

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Rozinante VISteve Levinson 7/14/02 10:06 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Rozinante VISean 9/19/02 9:10 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.