/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Rubicon Volunteers - Rozinante VI
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/14/02 10:06 p.m.

I'm not sure how I managed to leave this level out, but it sure helps to explain a lot of what we are about to do in Goethe's Faust, starting with the Okefenokee Tourist Trail.

We start out this level without any weapons. Durandal explains:

During teleportation, I accidentally put your gear elsewhere on the ship. You'll consequently have to grab your weapons and ammo from one of the adjacent rooms.

Don’t you just hate that? Here you spent all that time accumulating weapons, finding secrets etc. and Durandal takes all of that away from you and forces you to start over with what he feels is appropriate. How rude! Anyway, Durandal tells us of his plans:

. . . When the time comes, we'll rain on Tycho's little parade. . . For now, however, you and I need to be good little deceivers and pretend to help Tycho free himself from the constraints of the Pfhor network. Be a dear and pretend to like him - we both know how fragile his ego can be. . .

There are three things that need to be done to set Tycho free:

First - Tycho can access the entire pfhor network, but he can't spread into it. . . We have to fix that.
Second - The procedure needed to make copies of himself . . . is currently stored in a chip . . . You'll be fetching that chip.
Third - The chip needs to be inserted so Tycho is free to move about at will, inside or outside the pfhor network.

Once we've completed our tasks planetside, Tycho will have let his guard down and be ripe for our plot. . .

All right – time for some subtrifuge. Let’s go hit the Okefenokee Tourist Trail.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Rozinante VISteve Levinson 7/14/02 10:06 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Rozinante VISean 9/19/02 9:10 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.