/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The one difference... "Ain't got time pfhor th
Posted By: ThomasDate: 6/22/01 9:14 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The one difference... "Ain't got time pfhor th (Son of Grd'nl)

: It also appears that "What is best in life..." and
: ""Watch for Ice on Bridge" ("Try Again") were
: both called "Slave Rebellion" (parts #1 and #2, respectively) at
: one time. Perhaps both of these levels were somehow combined to make
: "Try Again"?

I don't know... "Try" wasn't a rebellion level, and I don't see much to suggest that it is a combination of the original "Ice" and "Best". It's a tough call, given how brief the later outlines are. Often there's nothing there but the name of the level and what monsters are there. Interestingly, there are no compilers listed in the original "Welcome to the Revolution." I find that strange. If I may modify your hypothesis slightly, perhaps the concepts for "Best" and "Ice" ultimately became what we know as "Welcome to the Revolution", and the original concept for "WTTR" was scrapped or retooled.

Perhaps the concept that was "Ingue Ferroque" became "Try Again". "IF" has notes for juggernauts and enforcers, and "IF" in its final form would not have been at all suitable as a place to fight juggernauts. (Yes, obviously they didn't create the levels until after the outline was created, but surely Bungie had some ideas.)

Anyway, this is all guesswork. Understandably Bungie didn't have the clarity of vision they had for earlier levels. I'm inclined to leave it at that.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The one difference... "Ain't got time pfhor this"Thomas 6/22/01 12:02 a.m.
     Re: The one difference... "Ain't got time pfhor thHamish Sinclair 6/22/01 1:21 a.m.
           Re: The one difference... "Ain't got time pfhor thSon of Grd'nl 6/24/01 12:18 p.m.
     Re: The one difference... "Ain't got time pfhor thSon of Grd'nl 6/22/01 4:06 a.m.
           Re: The one difference... "Ain't got time pfhor thThomas 6/22/01 9:14 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.