/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

You have my sympathy
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/30/02 5:15 p.m.

In Response To: I really regret to inform you (Boomer)

: That you won't be hearing from me for some time, because I'm going
: to hell early tomorrow . . .

Thank God my parents never put me through something like that. My parents were the active vacation type - we never went to the same place twice and every day was well-planned with things that I enjoyed, too. My wife and I are the same way - in fact, our interest in travel is one of the things that brought us together. The thought of spending even a few days in a summerhouse makes me cringe.

However . . .

If you end up like me, there will come a time when you have to make a very difficult decision when you travel - take the laptop with you and keep up on things, or leave it home and face a pile of accumulated work when you get back. This is not a trivial choice. Either forego truly getting away, or pay the price when you return. Enjoy your freedom, so to speak, while you can.

I have a suggestion for you. This may sound like something your parents would tell you, but why don't you make productive use of the time. Take some books with you by authors you like and read - God, I'd give my eye teeth, literally, to have the time again to read more than a book or two a year. Or write! Take paper and pen with you and write out everything you never had time to think about before. Write up your ideas for new Marathon scenarios and share the results with us when you get back. Or dream up your own new universe to explore. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's fun - it's engrossing. You may actually hate coming back.

OK, maybe I'm being a bit idealistic, but you have to do something to make the best of a bad situation.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I really regret to inform youBoomer 7/30/02 4:35 p.m.
     You have my sympathySteve Levinson 7/30/02 5:15 p.m.
           Re: You have my sympathyBoomer 7/30/02 5:41 p.m.
           Re: You have my sympathyBen A. Potter 7/30/02 7:52 p.m.
     Re: I really regret to inform youYossarian 7/30/02 6:48 p.m.
     take care, Oh ye mighty weaponsmith *NM*•M 7/30/02 11:38 p.m.
     Re: I really regret to inform youD-M.A. 7/31/02 2:16 a.m.
     I know how you feel, Summer vacation sucksJohannes Gunnar 7/31/02 5:20 a.m.
     You should buy Halo *NM*M-Class 7/31/02 7:57 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.