/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - People Under Stairs - Num
Posted By: ScifitekiDate: 7/23/02 11:19 p.m.

In Response To: Rubicon Volunteers - People Under Stairs - Numb (Steve Levinson)

: These faces in their surgical masks looking down at you look rather cheery,
: wouldn’t you say? Are you “comfortably numb?” Yes, yes, blind leaders of
: the blind, tumbling down the spiral. yes, yes, you are a casualty. And
: with that, you are transported away to the reality of waking up in a Pfhor
: prison. It’s time for The Pfhor . It’s time for the Exit Door Leads In .

I was always curious about these terms, particularly the one of all the doctors looking down on you... (A theme which is, I belive, repeated, for quite obvious reasons. : ) ) It says:

" is the rat"

It's the first Comfortably Numb picture in Scott's folder, if you want to see it. This little jjaro motif thingy is repeated througout all the big picture terminals, but I only picked up on it after I saw that particular terminal. The question is, who is warning us here? Of what? Probably not the Dangi, as we know about them already.

So what else could it be. Interestingly, as you go on, the "What Things Might Happen" levels start to have balls that fire, not at you, but EACH OTHER. (At least, that's my recollection, correct me if I'm horribly blindly wrong). Perhaps there is a struggle between the Jjaro? After all, their AI, Thoth, concerns himself with maintaining balance, and perhaps this is a goal of the Jjaro as well. Just as pure speculation, perhaps not all the Jjaro want you to succeed?

Well, that's my little daily peice of rambling. It's probably full of mistakes, fire away. : )

Service With A Smile : ),
Scifiteki

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - People Under Stairs - NumbSteve Levinson 7/23/02 5:07 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - People Under Stairs - NumAgent Shem 7/23/02 7:14 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - People Under Stairs - NumSteve Levinson 7/24/02 9:20 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - People Under Stairs - NumYossarian 7/23/02 8:01 p.m.
           oh, and...Yossarian 7/23/02 8:27 p.m.
                 Re: oh, and...scott 7/23/02 9:08 p.m.
                       Re: oh, and...Steve Levinson 7/23/02 9:22 p.m.
                             Re: oh, and...Steve Levinson 7/24/02 11:00 p.m.
                 Re: oh, and...Steve Levinson 7/23/02 9:16 p.m.
                 Re: oh, and...Sean 9/20/02 7:10 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - People Under Stairs - NumSteve Levinson 7/23/02 9:05 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - People Under Stairs - NumScifiteki 7/23/02 11:19 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - People Under Stairs - NumInverted Sock Puppet 7/24/02 12:33 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - People Under Stairs - NumAgent Shem 7/24/02 6:34 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.