/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - This Hurst Less Than . .
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/10/02 8:14 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Rubicon Volunteers - This Hurst Less Than . . (Inverted Sock Puppet)

: I figured it out about 10 mins after I posted that message
: actually. I don't really like grenade jumping because I often
: misjudge the distance and miss.

Three words for that phobia – practice, practice, practice! There are just too many goodies in most scenarios including the original Marathon that are only available by grenade jumping. The Yota Saga cannot even be played at some points without being able to grenade jump. Yes, there are risks, but there's so much to gain. In this particular case, you have a pattern buffer not too far away and can always revert to your saved game. And this is an easy one as these things go – a lot easier than swiming through plasma and taking out 2 enforcers! Just back up into the nearby alcove, aim ahead, point your head down, run forward and lob off a grenade the moment you see the oncoming wall. BTW, you aren't using your mouse to steer, are you? It's much easier to grenade jump using the keyboard. Take it from a former mouser who long ago mended his evil ways ;-)

: You can kill one of the enforcers before you make this swim
: by lobbing grenades up there so you only have one to deal with.

I hadn't thought about taking one out before making the swim, but Jees – I really hate to kill them with grenades. They're such a great source of ammo.

: I was looking through the terminals with DTB but I didn't find it.
: I'll have to look harder next time.

Please see my most recent post.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - This Hurst Less Than . . .Steve Levinson 7/3/02 11:17 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - This Hurst Less Than . .Inverted Sock Puppet 7/7/02 3:24 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - This Hurst Less Than . .Steve Levinson 7/8/02 7:14 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - This Hurst Less Than . .Inverted Sock Puppet 7/9/02 3:48 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - This Hurst Less Than . .Steve Levinson 7/10/02 8:14 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.