/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: "Which One of You Nuts Has Got Any Guts?"
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 6/22/02 9:00 p.m.

In Response To: Re: "Which One of You Nuts Has Got Any Guts?" (Mark Levin)

: Erodrome is a public beta (and unfinished) TC that takes
: place on a sort of red-light district space station. It's most
: notable for its faithful reproductions of classic arcade
: games (space invaders, bomberman, and 1 other whose
: name I don't remember that involves running along a looping
: conveyor belt). It never grabbed me that hard, but, hey, if you
: want $25...

I got stuck on the conveyor belt game and never completed the scenario. You had to shoot 7 targets dead-on, each becoming visible only for a moment and each being revealed only after you successfully shot the previous one. Some were above you and some behind you, all while being shot at, too. You had no control over your own motion, so you could only hope that the conveyor took you where you wanted. I was able to shoot up to 4 of the targets but, invariably, something would explode and knock me off the track, where I'd be stuck. That's probably why Erodrome remains a beta. As long as you're porting to AO, why not fix the bugs, too? I'm no expert at Forge or Pfhorge, but if the conveyor belt could "flow", couldn't the side areas move the player back to the track if he lands there?

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

"Which One of You Nuts Has Got Any Guts?":: Beer Can :: 6/22/02 12:51 p.m.
     Re: "Which One of You Nuts Has Got Any Guts?"Ernie 6/22/02 3:45 p.m.
           Re: "Which One of You Nuts Has Got Any Guts?":: Beer Can :: 6/22/02 5:26 p.m.
           Re: "Which One of You Nuts Has Got Any Guts?"Mark Levin 6/22/02 5:36 p.m.
                 Re: "Which One of You Nuts Has Got Any Guts?"Steve Levinson 6/22/02 9:00 p.m.
                       Re: "Which One of You Nuts Has Got Any Guts?":: Beer Can :: 6/23/02 12:48 a.m.
     Re: "Which One of You Nuts Has Got Any Guts?"M-Class 6/23/02 10:54 a.m.
           Re: "Which One of You Nuts Has Got Any Guts?":: Beer Can :: 6/23/02 12:57 p.m.
                 Re: "Which One of You Nuts Has Got Any Guts?"Steve Levinson 6/23/02 2:35 p.m.
                       Re: "Which One of You Nuts Has Got Any Guts?":: Beer Can :: 6/24/02 1:19 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.