/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Where was Strauss?
Posted By: TheMazDate: 5/13/01 3:33 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Yeah, but... (Locucious)

: Bernhard? I thought he died many years before the Marathon incident. And how
: would he have gotten on the Pfhor ship?

Wasn't one whole leg of the original Marathon plot you running around trying to find Strauss (at Durandal's bidding, of course)? It's not too improbable that Strauss got onboard the pfhor ship... the pfhor began shipping lots of the Marathon's passengers to the ship after the attack... remember all those "Bob bubble" chamber/stasis/experiment pod thingys lying around the Phfor levels?

that reminds me... on one pfhor level (i forget which... it's been a while since I've played through M1) there is a room quite set off from the majority of the level that contains a Bob layed out on a funky shaped table with 3 or 4 S'pht compilers standing around him. It seems odd that this particular Bob would be removed from all the rest and that he would be surrounded by S'pht (whose specialty seems to be computers...) Is this, perhaps, poor Mr. Strauss? Or maybe intended to be at one point in the development?

TheMaz

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

TheorySome guy 5/12/01 8:36 p.m.
     Yeah, but...Lord Cadogan 5/13/01 1:01 a.m.
           Re: Yeah, but...Hamish Sinclair 5/13/01 1:17 a.m.
           Re: Yeah, but...Locucious 5/13/01 12:18 p.m.
                 Where was Strauss?TheMaz 5/13/01 3:33 p.m.
     Re: TheoryHamish Sinclair 5/13/01 1:23 a.m.
           Re: TheoryAlexander Strange 5/13/01 6:59 a.m.
                 Re: TheoryTim Branin 5/13/01 7:31 a.m.
                       Re: TheoryRincewind MoG 5/13/01 8:54 a.m.
                             Re: TheoryTru7h Seeker 5/13/01 9:03 a.m.
                             That damn assault rifleRincewind MoG 5/13/01 9:31 a.m.
                                   Re: That damn assault rifleLocucious 5/13/01 12:22 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.