/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - I'd Rather be a Lutfisk
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 5/31/02 9:32 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Rubicon Volunteers - I'd Rather be a Lutfisk (Inverted Sock Puppet)

: Yeah sorry. I have no excuse for not helping, I'm just plain lazy :(

If you have nothing better to do, I could use some help with a presentation I have to give at an international conference next week ;-)

: Wow, I love this level, it's one of my favourites. It's so different from
: any other level and it's kinda fun to sort duel off gladiator style with
: the troopers, using only grenades (yes, I know, I'm wierd).

You said it - I didn't. I guess I initially didn't like it because I got stuck, but it really is unique. This is perhaps the first example of inovation on the part of the Rubicon team. I can't think of another level seen previously that involved anything close to the physics model used here.

: I run head on to a trooper, turn at the last second and shoot them in
: the back with a grenade. Of course it only works on normal because
: they are minor troopers (yes, I know, I suck).

What a Spaze! On the other hand, I sometimes let them kill themselves by forcing them to try to fire grenades through objects or doors that are closing (really Spazy). I've found that you really need to be sneaky, particularly on Total Carnage, which is the only setting I know (most of the time). This is a good level for quickly firing and then dodging behind objects. Sometimes, bullets are a better choice than grenades here, too, even if that violates vidmaster rules (a vidmaster I'm not).

: Hairy legs, buddy. I dunno anything about Harry's legs :) I think this is
: just a small story problem. Oh well, they tried.

Jeez - I guess I was up too late on that one. Hairy legs it is!

: On to Hairy legs!

Probably after I get back from my conference, but I do want to do this one soon. Hairy legs is probably my second favorite level (now that I've mastered it) - there are a lot of secrets and it is truly inovative. And I'd like to finish off the Chimera Plank.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - I'd Rather be a LutfiskSteve Levinson 5/30/02 6:46 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - I'd Rather be a LutfiskInverted Sock Puppet 5/31/02 4:06 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - I'd Rather be a LutfiskSteve Levinson 5/31/02 9:32 a.m.
     Out of curiosity, which plank next?Steve Levinson 5/31/02 9:36 a.m.
           Pfhor Plank *NM*REB 5/31/02 11:53 a.m.
           pfhor plank *NM*Yossarian 5/31/02 1:06 p.m.
     - I'd Rather be a Lutfisk *Archiwathever*Tru7h 5/31/02 3:11 p.m.
           Re: - I'd Rather be a Lutfisk *Archiwathever*Sean 9/19/02 8:24 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.