/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

I need more help and ideas (beta pics :)
Posted By: DjofDate: 1/21/02 4:52 p.m.

In Response To: Re: What to do about it? (Rincewind MoG)

Thanks guys, I'm workin' on your ideas. I've gome to this below for the background.

I've decided not to used Graig Mullins' artwork, because it wasn't big enough (althrough, HE surely have hell-bigger versions :). Plus, it's his work, not mine.
My problem now with the back is to make is dirty, I mean, real worn out. I've got scratches (they are gray it this small 512x384 pic, but look concrete in 3200x2400) and a burn spot, but the rest looks like newly painted (with concrete bump-map and lightly jagged line edges - like on concrete).

This is the overall product to date. The text is the Durandal song (by Himself :). It has a neat "matrix effect" to it.

Dur-dur-dur-dur-an-dal.
Dur-dur-dur-dur-an-dal.
He ain't no slouch, pal.

He'll make you smile,
Or cry,
Like Leela did baby:
Airlock love,
Big blue orchids,
Martian skies,
And wild Blueberries.

Dur-dur-dur-dur-an-dal.
Dur-dur-dur-dur-an-dal.
He ain't no slouch, pal.

Dur-dur-dur-dur-an-dal.
Dur-dur-dur-dur-an-dal.
He'll make you ouch, Hal.

He's got real guile,
Why Lady,
Did you have it daily?
Airlock Love,
No oxygen,
Suffocation.

Dur-dur-dur-dur-an-dal.
Dur-dur-dur-dur-an-dal.
He ain't no slouch, pal.

(Repeat Chorus 11 Times, changing key with each chorus)

The text isn't a problem by itself, but cause interference when you have icons on your desktop; their text become unreadable and create a mess. I *have* in order to make the text readable to make it reasonable dark and bold. So maybe I just make the text really light, like we know it's there, but can't read it? I thought it was fun to have it readable... and without icons, it looks very good.

Anyone? - I knew exacly what I wanted to do with my Halo wallpaper, but not I don't have much ideas for this one. The fact that I never played Marathon 1 in lenght yet doesn't help. Still very fun to do, though.

If you want to see it full-sized (at the current beta), click here. The file is 900kb big in jpg (open in new window, slow host).

Djof - Are you in?
"Je me souviens"

PS: There are oblivious mistake in the current version, the red-yellow stripes don't match, and the shadow if the logo isn't in the right direction.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

What to do about it?Djof 1/20/02 6:39 a.m.
     Re: What to do about it?Johannes Gunnar 1/20/02 7:40 a.m.
     Re: What to do about it?Rincewind MoG 1/20/02 1:28 p.m.
           I need more help and ideas (beta pics :)Djof 1/21/02 4:52 p.m.
                 Re: I need more help and ideas (beta pics :)SIsgmund 1/21/02 8:12 p.m.
                       Re: I need more help and ideas (beta pics :)Djof@School 1/22/02 4:44 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.