/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Whats the point of Marathon Central?
Posted By: Steve CampbellDate: 11/20/01 5:09 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Whats the point of Marathon Central? (Johannes Gunnar)

: he is right :-)

For the old timers..there was never a day that passed that we didn't hit Marathon Central at least half a dozen times. I remember in 97, I believe it was, that I was first introduced to FM. I had never met anyone, that if you stayed the course and didn't act like an ass, that would take the time to give you hints and tips concerning the Pfhorte Guide. Everyone said he was so tempermental, but to me, he was always just an email away.

To this day I still have the Pfhorte Guide in clear plastic sheets, in a notebook on a shelf. Just one of those things that it just didnt' seem to be the right time to ever toss it out.

Marathon Central was to us, the motivation of what we all spent countless hours enjoying. My personal path didn't quite end up like I wanted, but, I have no complaints and for those that think what is the point, if for nothing else, it holds fond memories for those of us that have been around such a long time.

My 2 cents

Pardon the rant

Steve

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Whats the point of Marathon Central?Person 1 11/16/01 5:58 p.m.
     Re: Whats the point of Marathon Central?Hippieman [B.Org] 11/18/01 9:00 p.m.
           Re: Whats the point of Marathon Central?Johannes Gunnar 11/19/01 6:34 a.m.
                 Re: Whats the point of Marathon Central?Steve Campbell 11/20/01 5:09 a.m.
                       Re: Whats the point of Marathon Central?SNoblitt 11/20/01 6:29 a.m.
                             Re: Whats the point of Marathon Central?Hamish Sinclair 11/20/01 8:33 a.m.
                             Re: Whats the point of Marathon Central?Steve Campbell 11/21/01 3:01 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.