/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal X Commentary: "Hysterical Womb"
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 5/9/08 9:34 p.m.

In Response To: Eternal volunteers: "Hysterical Womb" (pfhore)

CHAPTER 2: ENEMY

(Originally, back when it was called "Forever More", Eternal did not have this chapter; instead, it had a chapter set during the colonization of Tau Ceti IV, seven year prior to chapter 1. When this chapter was first added it was chapter 3, titled "War", and was added along with a new chapter on the Pfhor conquest of Lh'owon, which was then chapter 5. Eventually I rolled the significant events of the old chapter 2 into chapter 1, and this chapter became the new chapter 2. It was for the longest time called "Pfhor".)

Chapter Screen: A Pfhorish landscape with purple haze, Wasps, and a Pfhor ship.

(This landscape is actually based on a photo I found on the Internet of some mountains, in Colorado I believe, taken by a fellow named Ben Oppenheimer who was nice enough to give me permission to use it and some other photos of his.)

Level 11: "Hysterical Womb"

(Originally created by me, almost completely revised by Goran Svensson. All that remains of my original map are most of the three rooms that the Pfhor Controller Cyborgs are in, and some of the docking bay at the beginning.)

You teleport in on a Pfhor ship, apparently in a docking bay as a shuttlecraft is there with you and space is visible above, though tinted pink as through a force field. Inside the shuttle is a terminal.

[L11-T0-Unfinished]

(Most people don't seem to realize that the "Tanks" seen in M2 and Infinity are humans who have been cybernetically enslaved by the Pfhor, as per the Marathon Scrapbook. I refer to them as such in Eternal, and I sometimes wonder if people get who I'm talking about.)

Deeper inside the ship on which the shuttle is docked are scattered other terminals.

[L11-T0-Unfinished]

Once you have finished killing the three Pfhor Controller Cyborgs, all terminals become a message from Tycho.

[L11-T0-Finished]

You teleport out to Level 12: "A Friend In Need".

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal volunteers: "Hysterical Womb"pfhore 5/9/08 7:01 p.m.
     Re: Eternal volunteers: "Hysterical Womb"Forrest of B.org 5/9/08 8:40 p.m.
           Re: Eternal volunteers: "Hysterical Womb"pfhore 5/9/08 9:56 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal volunteers: "Hysterical Womb"Forrest of B.org 5/9/08 11:25 p.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Hysterical Womb"Forrest of B.org 5/9/08 9:34 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.