/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Trojan Volunteers - Citizen Cain
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/20/05 9:29 a.m.

MartiNZ, I hope you've managed to survive the Roach Farm, but we must go on. As you said, you can always catch up on the weekend, and this level's a lot easier.

Whadaya know - a rampant AI - what an original idea! OK, so it's not original, but Cain is definitely not Durandal. I don't think he's any more or less selfish, but he certainly has a way about him. And that graphic he uses - pretty bizarre - I wonder where he came up with that! In any case, Cain is an old rampant AI that has largely been forgotten. In fact, most colonists seem to think he was deactivated and no longer a threat, but they were wrong. They may have isolated him and put him in a cage under the lock and key of Able, his brother, but he was far from dormant. And what better time to gain one's freedom than in the midst of an alien attack? Did Cain bring the aliens here as did Durandal - well, I'm not going to give away the plot. Let's just say the circumstances on Troy are very different than on the Marathon, but Cain knows a lot more about the aliens than he's going to tell us for now.

As basic levels go, this one's a bit contrived. I particularly am not crazy about the constant going back and forth, teleporting between sections and retracing your steps to find new open rooms. On the other hand, the action is about right and there are some neat areas to explore. And of course there are those circuits to destroy, making it possible for Cain to escape. So why would we want to help this AI? We know from experience that he'll only want more of us once he's free. And as we'll learn on the next level, releasing him carries a mandatory death penalty (I guess CyberCorp bought out Amnesty International). It's a good thing they need us to counter the alien invasion! Don't worry, we'll be hearing more from Cain, and he'll be instrumental in learning more about the mystery of these aliens. But more on that later.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan Volunteers - Citizen CainSteve Levinson 7/20/05 9:29 a.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - Citizen CainAlfredMordeir 7/20/05 9:38 a.m.
           Re: Trojan Volunteers - Citizen CainKyjel 7/20/05 10:50 a.m.
                 Re: Trojan Volunteers - Citizen CainMartiNZ 7/25/05 1:54 a.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - Citizen CainC Lund 8/10/05 6:06 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.