/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon: Istoria - A new Aleph One RPG scenar
Posted By: VikingBoyBillyDate: 5/15/23 3:00 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon: Istoria - A new Aleph One RPG scenar (VikingBoyBilly)

This scenario is simultaneously too hard AND too generous with the ammo somehow. Once you start getting chain sparks, the waves of enemies get intense. But it's not just their numbers. The behavior of flying enemies, and the new pfhor fighter recolors makes them annoying and terrifying to deal with (highlight the spoiler: MINI Juggernauts??). The red s'pht'kr are the worst. And I mean on the Civvie 11 ranking list, they take the cake ahead of spawns and the powerslave mummies in my book. It's counterintuitive that you have to move toward the projectiles to have a better shot at dodging them. But you say: "You're playing as a telekinetic! Just blast those blades back!" Well, I figured out the active ability button (and binded the Lua hotkeys to R F V). It is indeed like a Disc of Repulsion from Hexen. But it has to recharge after one use, and I just don't use it very much.

It's my own fault for playing Major Damage, yeah, but the health cans seem far more scarce than anything else. I'm mostly barely scraping by until I find the next can. It might be major damage, but ammo is unlimited like Total Carnage.

So why does the ammo selector item max out at 5 when all ammo has no limit? It seems silly I have to stop and pick an ammo to stock up on every time I find these magic cedar boxes. Also, I've binded weapon switching to the mouse wheel, but the inventory only scrolls one way whether I scroll up or down (it's always up). It never fails to disorient and makes me die in a tight encounter (which there are a lot of in this scenario).

Is the music all just randomly looping through different tracks? If no map has a unique track to it, I think I'll turn it off for the ambient noises since I'm sure I heard all Aaron's tracks (or is it irons?).

All nitpicking aside, the lua scripting for hubs absolutely needs to be released as its own thing for modders to jump on the open-world bandwagon that got it's start with 1995's Hexen, 1994's System shock and 1993's Pathways Into Darkness... wait, what? That was all thirty years ago and nobody cared back then how much I shilled how cool these games were.

PLOT RELATED SPOILERS: There's a lot of heavy handed signalling that General Sullivan, the guy you're taking orders from, is a bad guy, from all the dead BoBs whining about what an asshole he is. But wait! That guy with the green keycard said Sullivan's making tough tactical decisions and Edward Grindle, the smiling guy giving us a thumbs up, is the REAL BAD GUY! So who's the real red herring? I'll have to keep playing to find out.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon: Istoria - A new Aleph One RPG scenario *LINK*windbreaker 4/30/23 5:24 p.m.
     Re: Marathon: Istoria - A new Aleph One RPG scenarVikingBoyBilly 5/1/23 7:27 a.m.
     Re: Marathon: Istoria - A new Aleph One RPG scenarDuckNextDoor...InChina 5/13/23 4:13 a.m.
           Re: Marathon: Istoria - A new Aleph One RPG scenarWindbreaker 5/16/23 9:42 p.m.
     Re: Marathon: Istoria - A new Aleph One RPG scenarVikingBoyBilly 5/13/23 4:29 p.m.
           Re: Marathon: Istoria - A new Aleph One RPG scenarVikingBoyBilly 5/15/23 3:00 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon: Istoria - A new Aleph One RPG scenarWindbreaker 5/16/23 12:32 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon: Istoria - A new Aleph One RPG scenarVikingBoyBilly 5/20/23 12:52 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon: Istoria - A new Aleph One RPG scenarVikingBoyBilly 5/20/23 1:03 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon: Istoria - A new Aleph One RPG scenarW'rkncacnter 5/20/23 1:10 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.