/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 2 Stage 3
Posted By: Aaron FreedDate: 10/1/20 11:48 a.m.

In Response To: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 2 Stage 3 (Lion O Cyborg)

If I’m not mistaken, those ‘towers’ in “My Kingdom Pfhor a Horse” are actually supposed to be alien trees. The planet that more than half of the Chapter Two levels take place on is meant to resemble an alien tropical rainforest. It’s possible it’d be worth introducing some alien vegetation textures for 1.4 to make this more explicit. I’ve considered also revising the geometry to make the trees look a bit more tree-like, but that section already makes the engine cry badly enough as it is. We’ll hopefully be adding purple rain to several of those levels¹, too, once the engine has the necessary features to support it.

¹As mentioned in my other reply: “A Friend in Need”, “Unpfhorseen”, both “Corporation” levels, and “My Kingdom Pfhor a Horse” almost certainly, and possibly the end of “To Sleep, Perchance to Dream” and the start of “The World Is Hollow”, depending upon how the idea of retexturing those levels as the player progresses through them works out. “Unlucky Pfhor Some” will not be included because it all takes place underneath a forcefield that blocks rain, and “Hysterical Womb” doesn’t actually take place on that planet at all (even though it has the same landscape texture – you can’t actually see any regions that look like a planetary surface, though). And unless we can figure out why maps are slowing down so badly on Windows under the new Aleph One, we might end up foregoing it on “My Kingdom Pfhor a Horse” as well, since it currently lags even without precipitation.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 2 Stage 3Lion O Cyborg 10/1/20 6:19 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 2 Stage 3Aaron Freed 10/1/20 11:48 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 2 Stage 3Lion O Cyborg 10/1/20 2:56 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.