/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon logo scrubbed from HALO CE: Anniversa
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 7/28/20 4:55 a.m.

In Response To: Marathon logo scrubbed from HALO CE: Anniversary (Yossarian)

: So I got the Master Chief Halo Collection on Steam and decided to play the
: games in chronological order of the story. I was disappointed to see that
: in revamping HALO CE to the Anniversary Edition the Marathon logo is no
: longer to be seen in the game, not on the Pillar of Autumn, Capt Keyes'
: uniform, nor 343 Guilty Spark's face panel.

: It's kind of a bummer because I got such a kick seeing it the first time I
: played Halo CE. I wonder if it was just a stylistic consideration or if it
: had something to do with the intellectual property of either franchise? Oh
: well. :/

The reason for removing the Marathon logo is due to Bungie owning Marathon; while freeware like Marathon is fine for doing whatever you want with any of the games or assets, that goes out the window the second you start charging for it unless you're the copyright owner. No reason why they couldn't have used the altered Marathon/Reclaimer glyph from Halo 4 instead: that way they could keep the references in Remastered mode and keep Bungie's lawyers happy.

Anyway, I think you can still see them if you go into Classic Mode, but classic mode sucks as it's the the butchered Gearbox port, even the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of CEA. I mention several of the changes in the Halo Tour of Duty I did for the mod SPV3.

Here's a video on the differences between CEA Classic mode/Gearbox Halo PC and the original Xbox version. I also recommend the Refined mod it suggests.

Also, you want to get Halo 2 Re-balanced for Anniversary and/or the old PC version. It's the only way any Legendary level (not counting Armoury) can be beatable. The old Halo 2 PC version of Re-balanced requires the sourceport Project Cartographer. For either Halo 2 PC or Anniversary MCC, you want version 3.0 of the mod.

PS, Previewing the message just now, the embedded video is a little big for the page. There a way to shrink it a little?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon logo scrubbed from HALO CE: AnniversaryYossarian 7/24/20 4:49 p.m.
     (ADMIN) Re: Marathon logo scrubbed from HALO CE: Anniversary Godot 7/25/20 7:31 a.m.
           Re: Marathon logo scrubbed from HALO CE: Anniversaukimalefu 7/26/20 12:44 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon logo scrubbed from HALO CE: AnniversaGodot 7/26/20 9:20 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon logo scrubbed from HALO CE: Anniversaukimalefu 7/26/20 10:33 p.m.
     Re: Marathon logo scrubbed from HALO CE: AnniversaLion O Cyborg 7/28/20 4:55 a.m.
           Re: Marathon logo scrubbed from HALO CE: AnniversaYossarian 8/1/20 11:28 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon logo scrubbed from HALO CE: AnniversaLion O Cyborg 8/2/20 4:11 a.m.
     Re: Marathon logo scrubbed from HALO CE: AnniversaVikingBoyBilly 7/29/20 3:47 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.