/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

so I was playing PiD recently...
Posted By: xcaliburDate: 6/15/16 3:48 p.m.

the Mac OS X port. why am I playing a game from the early 90s in 2016? why not?

anyway, I was impressed with the port for the most part, it was accurate to the original. However, I did notice a weird slowdown issue sometimes, usually lasting about 5 seconds after I checked the map or reverted. also, there's this bug where the game sometimes crashes while opening/closing a container with stuff in it (but not always).

other than that, I had a good runthrough, scored an 88 (with second gemstone, +9 time bonus). I could've done better, but I was rusty.

about the barnies/purple beasts: once you've planted the bomb, they spawn randomly on warning: earthquake zone. I got up to 7 or 8 of them to appear before it got too crowded to maneuver. this was on the port, but I assume it's the same for the older versions.
in addition, headlesses spawn on ground floor when you're leaving.

pardon me if I'm going over old ground, if there were threads about all this I didn't see them.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

so I was playing PiD recently...xcalibur 6/15/16 3:48 p.m.
     Re: so I was playing PiD recently...Hopper 6/16/16 8:29 a.m.
     Re: so I was playing PiD recently...VikingBoyBilly 6/16/16 11:48 a.m.
           Re: so I was playing PiD recently...Lion O Cyborg 6/16/16 12:47 p.m.
                 Re: so I was playing PiD recently...xcalibur 6/16/16 2:55 p.m.
                       Re: so I was playing PiD recently...Hopper 6/16/16 8:13 p.m.
                             Re: so I was playing PiD recently...VikingBoyBilly 6/17/16 1:45 a.m.
                             Re: so I was playing PiD recently...xcalibur 6/17/16 12:02 p.m.
                                   Re: so I was playing PiD recently...Hopper 6/19/16 10:40 a.m.
                                         Re: so I was playing PiD recently...xcalibur 6/19/16 1:24 p.m.
                       Re: so I was playing PiD recently...Mark Levin 6/20/16 9:25 a.m.
                             Re: so I was playing PiD recently...Lion O Cyborg 6/21/16 5:53 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.