/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede Malis
Posted By: MartinDate: 7/21/15 10:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede Malis (Durandal_1707)

: Well... "Durandal, who at last sighting left to tool around the galaxy
: in a newly rechristened Pfhor vessel with a crew of S'pht comrades"
: could apply to M1's ending equally as well as M2's.

: I do kind of wonder, given the fan theory that the SO is moving to new
: timelines at will, whether the W'rkncacnter *was* only a myth in the M2
: universe, and the SO, having read the W'rkncacnter myth during M2, has
: deliberately warped to a universe whether either the W'rk actually is
: real, or it isn't but the characters believe it is, in order to get
: his/her freedom. Although, I'm not sure I *like* this explanation, since
: it means that the SO murdered a whole bunch of Bobs for what were
: essentially selfish reasons.

I see what you're saying, and referring to M1 would be nice for the issues we have with our ending up with Durandal in M2, but I'm not so sure. Especially after your extrapolation there, I don't like the time travel at will idea lol ... or at least not at first; Infinity is about learning of our capabilities in that area perhaps, but it is dictated to us at first, as we find ourselves starting back. Too much is dictated really, like the discussion around Naw Man - Foe Hammer and our switching sides. It is all made so hard by our -lack- of choice.

The W'rkncacnter seems to have been real in the failed endings, but maybe could have been just the major players interpretation of things they could not understand, or perhaps a myth that they all started to believe in, and thus its reality didn't matter so much anymore. Either way, IMO thank goodness we got Infinity instead of an easily understood M3, or we might not still be here ;).

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/14/15 5:50 p.m.
     Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisPerseusSpartacus 7/14/15 8:07 p.m.
           Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/14/15 8:17 p.m.
           Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisLion O Cyborg 7/14/15 10:43 p.m.
                 Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/14/15 11:27 p.m.
                       Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisPerseusSpartacus 7/15/15 7:05 a.m.
                             Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisVikingBoyBilly 7/15/15 8:04 a.m.
                                   Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisPerseusSpartacus 7/15/15 8:07 a.m.
                                         Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisVikingBoyBilly 7/15/15 9:27 a.m.
                                               Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisLion O Cyborg 7/15/15 1:25 p.m.
                                         Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisLion O Cyborg 7/15/15 1:22 p.m.
     Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 7/20/15 2:50 a.m.
           Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisHokuto 7/20/15 4:55 a.m.
           Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisGodot 7/20/15 5:02 a.m.
           Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/20/15 1:28 p.m.
                 Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisGodot 7/21/15 1:54 a.m.
                 Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 7/21/15 2:31 a.m.
                       Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisVikingBoyBilly 7/21/15 7:12 a.m.
                             Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 7/21/15 4:38 p.m.
                       Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/21/15 10:12 a.m.
                             Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/21/15 1:35 p.m.
                                   Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 7/21/15 4:42 p.m.
                             Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 7/21/15 4:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/21/15 9:20 p.m.
                                         Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 7/23/15 1:48 p.m.
     Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/27/15 3:40 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.