/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede Malis
Posted By: MartinDate: 7/20/15 1:28 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede Malis (Durandal_1707)

: There's one bit in the Infinity manual that no one ever seems to comment on,
: but which always puzzled me: "And you delivered yourself from your
: 'service' to Durandal, the rampant A.I. whose taste for irony is second
: only to his unpredictability. Durandal, who at last sighting left to tool
: around the galaxy in a newly rechristened Pfhor vessel with a crew of
: S'pht comrades."

: We delivered ourself from Durandal? When did that happen? Did we somehow will
: the W'rkncacnter into existence?

That is interesting. The preceding sentences also bear out all of the events of M2; as if this describes the point at which we might -expect- to be picking things up.

Looking back at the Sol... final terminal, it does sound a bit like a parting of ways - "You can stay to work on your tan if you like, but I'm leaving" - and the "we" just after that could happily be referring to Durandal and the S'pht. The final screen is even more like that, but has always been an oddity for the lack of any mention of the player character's fate/destiny!

It -is- as if the whole of Infinity takes place a bit dreamily, as per the Dallas reference - we ultimately fix the "problem" but I've always (well, since I've felt I could understand the story lol) felt that things then just go back to the way they were, in terms of post-M2, and we simply "Go." Of course the M2 final screen also counts out any interesting impact -we- might have through other scenarios, so it isn't a great one to live by.

Plenty of discussion to add to the ToD writing anyway :).

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/14/15 5:50 p.m.
     Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisPerseusSpartacus 7/14/15 8:07 p.m.
           Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/14/15 8:17 p.m.
           Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisLion O Cyborg 7/14/15 10:43 p.m.
                 Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/14/15 11:27 p.m.
                       Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisPerseusSpartacus 7/15/15 7:05 a.m.
                             Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisVikingBoyBilly 7/15/15 8:04 a.m.
                                   Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisPerseusSpartacus 7/15/15 8:07 a.m.
                                         Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisVikingBoyBilly 7/15/15 9:27 a.m.
                                               Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisLion O Cyborg 7/15/15 1:25 p.m.
                                         Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisLion O Cyborg 7/15/15 1:22 p.m.
     Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 7/20/15 2:50 a.m.
           Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisHokuto 7/20/15 4:55 a.m.
           Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisGodot 7/20/15 5:02 a.m.
           Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/20/15 1:28 p.m.
                 Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisGodot 7/21/15 1:54 a.m.
                 Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 7/21/15 2:31 a.m.
                       Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisVikingBoyBilly 7/21/15 7:12 a.m.
                             Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 7/21/15 4:38 p.m.
                       Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/21/15 10:12 a.m.
                             Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/21/15 1:35 p.m.
                                   Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 7/21/15 4:42 p.m.
                             Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 7/21/15 4:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/21/15 9:20 p.m.
                                         Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisDurandal_1707 7/23/15 1:48 p.m.
     Re: Retour of Duty: Ne Cede MalisMartin 7/27/15 3:40 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.