/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Bigger Guns Nearby co-op
Posted By: GodotDate: 5/25/13 7:32 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Bigger Guns Nearby co-op *LINK* (Narcogen)

: Gotcha. So I missed that one because of my rank incompetence instead of the
: engine :)

It was interesting to see in the your film of Bigger Guns the random respawn working. Or at least that's what I think it was.

In the original version of this level the monsters are set to respawn at random intervals after death. This creates an eerie feeling as the respawned monsters in the first part of the level start to appear on your motion detector but you can never find them (since you can't get back up to the start).

We tried to emulate that in M1A1 but I had no idea that many monsters would respawn at the start. After you died it wasn't a complete reset of all the monsters just a number of respawned individuals. Quite a lot though. Of course in the original solo Marathon you would never get to see this.

Cheers
Hamish

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Bigger Guns Nearby co-opGodot 5/22/13 8:50 a.m.
     Re: Bigger Guns Nearby co-op *LINK*Narcogen 5/23/13 8:31 p.m.
           Re: Bigger Guns Nearby co-opGodot 5/23/13 10:58 p.m.
                 Re: Bigger Guns Nearby co-opNarcogen 5/23/13 11:31 p.m.
                       Re: Bigger Guns Nearby co-opGodot 5/23/13 11:45 p.m.
                             Re: Bigger Guns Nearby co-opDispatcher 5/24/13 7:30 a.m.
                             Re: Bigger Guns Nearby co-op *LINK*Narcogen 5/24/13 9:55 p.m.
                                   Re: Bigger Guns Nearby co-opGodot 5/25/13 7:32 a.m.
                                         Re: Bigger Guns Nearby co-opHopper 5/25/13 11:38 a.m.
                                               Re: Bigger Guns Nearby co-opGodot 5/26/13 2:48 a.m.
                             Re: Bigger Guns Nearby co-opPerseusSpartacus 5/25/13 11:48 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.