/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Watch Your Step, potions, speculation
Posted By: EarthtopusDate: 2/20/12 2:33 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Watch Your Step, potions, speculation (MrM12LRV)

It is! It won't add too much time to the run since you get dropped off relatively close to Watch Your Step, and I was going to have to do the endrun twice anyway to get the second Gemstone. A straight run through the game I would probably suck it up and rest once or twice, get on with the run, and not have to come back. Or just start with a...slightly modified inventory. More on which later.

It will render the OK, Who Else Wants Some trips more arduous; one less pale Violet for two nonconsecutive waves of Wraiths, Skitters, Spheres, etc. I guess I'll want them for each of the waves of Venemous (sic) Skitters but I am not looking forward to these runs. And then incredibly fiddly scoot-forward-by-microns-and-jump-to-inventory that you need to do to get gemstones into the box while suffering no damage. I like to think of that as the game's way of letting you pick it up *with the box,* and as such always keep the box open s̶u̶p̶e̶r̶s̶t̶i̶t̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ since it goes so well with my gas mask, and diamond necklace (to say nothing of my ruby ring. Shame you can't wear the Silver Medal...

-Andrew

: Hmmm, you'd probably be able to minimize damage even more on Watch Your Step
: if, for the first run, you only got the Green Crystal. Then, after you get
: the Pale Violet Potion, you can go back up and take no damage while
: grabbing the Sapphires and Nuclear Bomb.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Watch Your Step, potions, speculationEarthtopus 2/20/12 2:07 p.m.
     Re: Watch Your Step, potions, speculationMrM12LRV 2/20/12 2:20 p.m.
           Re: Watch Your Step, potions, speculationMrM12LRV 2/20/12 2:25 p.m.
           Re: Watch Your Step, potions, speculationEarthtopus 2/20/12 2:33 p.m.
     Re: Watch Your Step, potions, speculationGodot 2/20/12 2:44 p.m.
           Re: Watch Your Step, potions, speculationEarthtopus 2/20/12 2:58 p.m.
                 Re: Watch Your Step, potions, speculationGodot 2/20/12 3:03 p.m.
           Re: Watch Your Step, potions, speculationHopper 2/20/12 4:03 p.m.
                 Re: Watch Your Step, potions, speculationGodot 2/20/12 11:46 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.