/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

can you poison yourself and take no damage?
Posted By: EarthtopusDate: 2/18/12 3:40 p.m.

In Response To: Re: except... (MrM12LRV)

: Ahh! You're right. There goes another one of my PiD guys, since I was just
: testing this.

You get credit for sheer lateral thinking when you plan to beat the last stage damage-free (if you've gotten through the Labyrinth you'd have the yellow crystal, and you can kill Greater Nightmares with grenades, after all!) in order to get a potion that'll get you through a roadblock six levels before. The Venemous Skitters would be tough tough tough.

:)

A Pale Violet Potion does nothing to prevent poison damage from the Brown potion, however, whether you take it before or after, which seems to present a problem. I got tagged for 4 damage incrementally; better light management to avoid activating the Oozes earlier and enough balls to cure myself before fully exiting the room and I might have cut it to three.

Here's something to try...if you poison yourself on Warning: Earthquake Zone at the last point possible (turn off IR and enter the Ooze room) and then take a Bubbling Red potion, pause before the first damage point hits, cure yourself and re-poison yourself (and if that starts the poison timer over again), un-pause the game and take off...

might you beat the Oozes without taking damage?. Of course, then you'd have to get through either the Carnage Room or the Labyrinth without using up your Red Potion...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Where Only Fool (sic?) Dare Tread *NM* *LINK*Earthtopus 2/17/12 6:10 p.m.
     Re: Where Only Fool (sic?) Dare TreadMrM12LRV 2/17/12 6:26 p.m.
           good thing we mapped the teleporters...Earthtopus 2/17/12 8:49 p.m.
                 Re: good thing we mapped the teleporters...MrM12LRV 2/17/12 10:24 p.m.
                       Re: good thing we mapped the teleporters...Godot 2/17/12 11:05 p.m.
                             Re: good thing we mapped the teleporters...Godot 2/18/12 2:28 a.m.
                                   except...Earthtopus 2/18/12 5:02 a.m.
                                         Re: except...Godot 2/18/12 5:20 a.m.
                                         Re: except...MrM12LRV 2/18/12 6:38 a.m.
                                               Re: except...Godot 2/18/12 6:52 a.m.
                                                     Re: except...MrM12LRV 2/18/12 7:00 a.m.
                                                           can you poison yourself and take no damage?Earthtopus 2/18/12 3:40 p.m.
                                                                 Re: can you poison yourself and take no damage?MrM12LRV 2/18/12 4:00 p.m.
                                                                       Re: can you poison yourself and take no damage?Earthtopus 2/18/12 4:10 p.m.
                                                                       so closeEarthtopus 2/18/12 4:20 p.m.
                                                                             Re: so closeMrM12LRV 2/18/12 4:37 p.m.
                                                                       a qualified success?!Earthtopus 2/18/12 4:35 p.m.
                                                                             Re: a qualified success?!MrM12LRV 2/18/12 4:40 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.