/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PiD zero-damage max points speedrun
Posted By: EarthtopusDate: 1/31/12 11:17 a.m.

In Response To: Re: PiD zero-damage max points speedrun (Godot)

I've thought about these things intensely over the last couple of days.

a) Navigating from corner to corner is almost trivial given the patience to scum for an appropriately-generated level (at least some of my gaming background is roguelike, so I have some ability to do this as length) Some decent fraction of generated levels have straight shots from ladder to ladder, and if you pop anyone who appears in front of you it's possible to move successfully without one spawning behind you.

b) the problem with the spheres is again one of luck. Some generations there are three of them right up the ladder, and on my most successful run (4 hits for 1.6 damage; could have been two if I'd looked behind me _once_ next to the ladder down) I only encountered three spheres total, and only the woeful last one was behind me. This, coupled with the impossibility of replicating it, makes me think it's possible but not entirely sane to try.

c) No crystals work on the spheres, according to the hint book. I'm thinking about leaving it until I'm on the way out and no longer care about the damage...but if I'm avoiding it to stay unhit that's not a long-term solution, since I have to get hit by a pod on Watch Your Step only one level below where I'm camped and thinking. And I bet I'll need the potions to survive _at all_ if I plan on playing through the endgame twice with the help of the Easter Egg. I'm already wishing I'd tried The Carnage Room(tm) without using my first Bubbling Red.

The combination of moves quickly, hits from a distance, and spawns behind you is a hell of a thing...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PiD zero-damage max points speedrun *LINK*Earthtopus 1/30/12 9:56 p.m.
     Re: PiD zero-damage max points speedrunGodot 1/30/12 11:17 p.m.
     Re: PiD zero-damage max points speedrunGodot 1/31/12 8:47 a.m.
           Re: PiD zero-damage max points speedrunEarthtopus 1/31/12 11:17 a.m.
           Got the Crystal! *LINK*Earthtopus 2/1/12 6:54 p.m.
                 Re: Got the Crystal!MrM12LRV 2/1/12 11:29 p.m.
                       already got the Big Blue Meanie!Earthtopus 2/2/12 1:21 p.m.
                 Re: Got the Crystal!Godot 2/1/12 11:33 p.m.
                       Curiouser and curiouser...Earthtopus 2/2/12 1:29 p.m.
                             Re: Curiouser and curiouser... *LINK*Godot 2/2/12 2:05 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.