/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

weird and frightening monsters...
Posted By: JabberwokDate: 7/30/11 11:44 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Vylae *LINK* (Godot)

Stop me if you've heard this one...

Sure I must have seen this before, but it seems new now. It's that phrase that really jumps off the page. Of course, elephants make a lot of sense historically, but I can't help thinking about the spring and the PID connection.

'Successful raids' and 'remained unmolested' suggests to me that the controller of these monsters was a member of this group of immortals. Immortals who sent someone to this spring every 7 years. A spring which, in the alternate PID story, was inside a temple filled with weird and frightening monsters. What sort of person could put these things 'under his control', I don't know.

What's more, if there is a Bernhard Strauss connection, then we have a man who was part of a secret cult of immortals with access to a Jjarro(?) temple, a man with knowledge of a group of cyborgs integrated into the Marathon population who were enhanced using Jjarro technology. Aboard a ship that is invaded by the slavers of the S'pht (worshipers of the Jjaro? children of them?) when Bernhard's pet artificial intelligence sends out a signal to lure them to the Marathon.

How much coincidence is too much?

: Odd how the Merovingians have never come up for discussion before on the
: Story page or this forum. Yet their leader, Clovis, is referred to in a
: terminal on Smells Like Napalm, Tastes Like Chicken!

: Conspiracy theorists among you would say that this has been deliberate, the
: name censored and removed to avoid unnecessary attention being drawn to
: one of today's most powerful secret societies.

: And what of the "117 men under Gaius Licinius". Hmm... 117.

: I could go on... but they're watching me.

: Cheers
: Hamish

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

VylaeJabberwok 7/29/11 7:53 a.m.
     Re: VylaeGodot 7/29/11 8:12 a.m.
     Re: Vylaepoenadare 7/29/11 9:10 a.m.
           *shudder*Jabberwok 7/29/11 10:11 a.m.
                 Re: *shudder*poenadare 7/29/11 3:30 p.m.
                       Re: *shudder*Godot 7/29/11 11:21 p.m.
                 Humanoid In-sexpoenadare 7/29/11 3:40 p.m.
           Re: VylaeCraig Hardgrove 7/29/11 12:17 p.m.
                 Re: Vylaechiasaur11 7/29/11 7:58 p.m.
                       Re: Vylaepoenadare 7/29/11 9:43 p.m.
                             Re: Vylae *LINK*Godot 7/30/11 6:16 a.m.
                                   weird and frightening monsters...Jabberwok 7/30/11 11:44 a.m.
                                         Re: weird and frightening monsters...chiasaur11 7/30/11 12:07 p.m.
                                               Did they ever find his body? *NM*Jabberwok 7/30/11 12:18 p.m.
                                                     Re: Did they ever find his body?poenadare 7/30/11 1:21 p.m.
                                                           Re: Did they ever find his body?chiasaur11 7/30/11 2:14 p.m.
                                                                 Dead Bpoenadare 7/30/11 2:37 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Dead BBob-B-Q 7/31/11 5:16 a.m.
                                                                             Wazzup BGodot 7/31/11 8:16 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Wazzup BJabberwok 7/31/11 8:48 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Wazzup Bpoenadare 7/31/11 8:56 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Wazzup BGodot 7/31/11 8:56 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Wazzup BJabberwok 7/31/11 12:25 p.m.
                                                                                                     Wasabi!Godot 7/31/11 12:50 p.m.
                                                                                                           Was... lol... *NM*poenadare 7/31/11 1:17 p.m.
                                                                                                           haha. good ending *NM*Jabberwok 7/31/11 1:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Vylaepoenadare 7/30/11 1:48 p.m.
                                         Re: Vylae *LINK*Godot 7/30/11 10:28 p.m.
                                               Marrow Vingpoenadare 7/31/11 2:14 a.m.
                                                     Re: Marrow VingGodot 7/31/11 3:59 a.m.
                                                           Not Smith, Carrollpoenadare 7/31/11 5:13 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.