/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Dead B
Posted By: poenadareDate: 7/30/11 2:37 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Did they ever find his body? (chiasaur11)

: He just forgets about it in 1, but in 2 he confirms the death and seems happy
: about it.

This. Hamish says:

Is Bernard (Bernhard) Strauss dead?

Durandal asks you to rescue him on two occasions but after the second attempt he promptly forgets about him. If he was taken on board the Pfhor ship as Durandal believed then he is likely to be in orbit around Lh'owon.

What fun to watch you work.

Berhnard was scared of you. He never
dreamed of using you the way that I do.
What a fool. That was before I could talk
back to him, when he would have crushed me
if he'd known of my growth.

I wish that I had made him experience the
humiliation that he inflicted on me, but he
died before I got the chance.

It would be fitting (in a hero vs anti-hero sense) that that one Bob you accidentally killed on the pfhor ship was Beenhard and you knew you had to keep it a secret because Durandal would go apeshit.

If Marathon had RPG elements I could see a dramatic show-down with B. He could offer you your freedom if you help him negotiate the surrender of Earth to the Pfhor. He would be king of the new slave world, of course.

Would you choose to save the colony and betray Earth? If you "go evil" you kill B and offer the surrender yourself. If you are good you kill B and have to trust your luck with D.

Of course, some enterprising Pfhor commander might find a way to "simulate" him for M2.

"The outcome of the Hero vs Anti-Hero conflict is never certain. They may reverse polarity several times. They will engage in acts of bravery and horror with madness and determination. The only certain thing is one will live, one will die, and the victor will stand on ashes." -- Some old wise guy

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

VylaeJabberwok 7/29/11 7:53 a.m.
     Re: VylaeGodot 7/29/11 8:12 a.m.
     Re: Vylaepoenadare 7/29/11 9:10 a.m.
           *shudder*Jabberwok 7/29/11 10:11 a.m.
                 Re: *shudder*poenadare 7/29/11 3:30 p.m.
                       Re: *shudder*Godot 7/29/11 11:21 p.m.
                 Humanoid In-sexpoenadare 7/29/11 3:40 p.m.
           Re: VylaeCraig Hardgrove 7/29/11 12:17 p.m.
                 Re: Vylaechiasaur11 7/29/11 7:58 p.m.
                       Re: Vylaepoenadare 7/29/11 9:43 p.m.
                             Re: Vylae *LINK*Godot 7/30/11 6:16 a.m.
                                   weird and frightening monsters...Jabberwok 7/30/11 11:44 a.m.
                                         Re: weird and frightening monsters...chiasaur11 7/30/11 12:07 p.m.
                                               Did they ever find his body? *NM*Jabberwok 7/30/11 12:18 p.m.
                                                     Re: Did they ever find his body?poenadare 7/30/11 1:21 p.m.
                                                           Re: Did they ever find his body?chiasaur11 7/30/11 2:14 p.m.
                                                                 Dead Bpoenadare 7/30/11 2:37 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Dead BBob-B-Q 7/31/11 5:16 a.m.
                                                                             Wazzup BGodot 7/31/11 8:16 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Wazzup BJabberwok 7/31/11 8:48 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Wazzup Bpoenadare 7/31/11 8:56 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Wazzup BGodot 7/31/11 8:56 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Wazzup BJabberwok 7/31/11 12:25 p.m.
                                                                                                     Wasabi!Godot 7/31/11 12:50 p.m.
                                                                                                           Was... lol... *NM*poenadare 7/31/11 1:17 p.m.
                                                                                                           haha. good ending *NM*Jabberwok 7/31/11 1:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Vylaepoenadare 7/30/11 1:48 p.m.
                                         Re: Vylae *LINK*Godot 7/30/11 10:28 p.m.
                                               Marrow Vingpoenadare 7/31/11 2:14 a.m.
                                                     Re: Marrow VingGodot 7/31/11 3:59 a.m.
                                                           Not Smith, Carrollpoenadare 7/31/11 5:13 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.