/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Expert Mode and Other Questions
Posted By: MackinstyleDate: 11/22/10 8:15 a.m.

Hey:

So to begin, I was 7 years old when PiD came into existence. My 14 year old brother had it downloaded and played a bit, but none of us ever got far. It remained a very nostalgic moment of my mac videogame childhood.

Well finally I found an emulation setup that can play the game properly so I finally get to play! I have a few questions, though.

1. What does "Expert Mode" option in the Preferences do?
2. The crystals (other than yellow) have a limited number of charges. I know this is to prevent liberal use of them, but I'm curious what the ballpark is. I know each is different, but say for the blue crystal. Are we talking ~50? ~100?.

PiD is one of those games that you're supposed to play and fail and screw yourself and learn the hard way until you can beat it. This is back in the day when someone would purchase a single game for like 6 months of enjoyment, but today I simply don't have the time so I'm hoping to best optimize my play without using a walkthrough. I expect to miss and item and likely kill myself while saving the world, but I want to have a fighting chance.

Thanks!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Expert Mode and Other QuestionsMackinstyle 11/22/10 8:15 a.m.
     Re: Expert Mode and Other Questionspoena.dare 11/23/10 6:52 a.m.
           Re: Expert Mode and Other Questions *LINK*Godot 11/23/10 9:15 a.m.
                 Re: Expert Mode and Other QuestionsMackinstyle 11/23/10 1:02 p.m.
                       Re: Expert Mode and Other Questions *LINK*Godot 11/23/10 1:32 p.m.
                             Re: Expert Mode and Other Questionspoena.dare 11/24/10 7:19 a.m.
                                   Re: Expert Mode and Other Questions *LINK*Godot 11/24/10 8:40 a.m.
                                         Re: Expert Mode and Other QuestionsMackinstyle 11/27/10 8:43 a.m.
                                               Re: Expert Mode and Other Questions *LINK*Godot 11/28/10 1:06 a.m.
                             Re: Expert Mode and Other Questionsps 11/1/11 2:19 a.m.
                                   Re: Expert Mode and Other QuestionsGodot 11/1/11 1:58 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.